a few Aussie lamps

• Hello to all, here are a few of the lanterns made in
    Australia from the 1930ies through to today, thought you may like to see them,
    only one lamp company still manufactures here today, AUSTRAMAX, they have been
    in production since the thirties and are still in the same family making
    lanterns today, but as always, quality has suffered.

The first picture is a Kayen AP2, made in Sydney from the forties until the
    early sixties, they made a few different types of lamps, this one has a copper
    tank they are a little rarer than others, 300 cp.

The next picture is from left, the first Handi made in the thirties, this one
    was called the Swift lite, it resembles the AGM American model 100, it is
    300cp, in the middle is a Aladdin made under license from Sweden, similar to
    the Radius, they made many different styles of this lamp, all brass, all chrome,
    and others, 300cp, great lamp. On the far right is another Handi 300 cp, they
    made this lamp in kerosene and petrol versions, this one was made in the early eighties just at the end
    when the Handi company finished and closed, in their time as a company they
    made many products, including kerosene pressure stoves.

The last picture is a Austramax lantern, 300 cp kerosene,
    this is one of the first models made in the 40ies, these lamps are built well
    and are bright lanterns.

Hope you enjoy the
    pictures, :thumbsup: regards Frank

• Hi Martin, thanks for the reply, the good ones of these are harder to find here, but also in this country those great European lamps are scarce and very expensive to buy when they do come up, kind regards Frank

• Hi Frank,

welcome to the German Lantern forum.

My favourite lanterns are the Tilley Kayen and the Handi ones.

I have some of these.

Before 12 years I found a new copy of a GRAETZ alcohol gravity lantern, named RADIOLITE, in Aussieland.

The Alladin is not my favourite lantern, I like more the Swedish originals.

Cheers

karli

• karli@
    Before 12 years I found a new copy of a GRAETZ alcohol gravity lantern, named RADIOLITE, in Aussieland.

Cheers

karli

Hallo Karli, seit wann interessierst Du dich für Spirituslampen? ?(
    Dieses Pferd gehört eigentlich in einen anderen Stall :D
    Gruß Rolf

• Hi Frank,
    thanks for sharing some photos of your lamps and regional brands. Some really nice pieces.
    Congratulations.
    Which is the most common brand in your area?
    best regards
    willi

Demut tät' uns allen gut.

• Hi Willi, thanks fellas for the replies, the most common brand lamp here in the state of Queensland would be the Handi, the company started and finished in Brisbane from the thirties to the early eighties, there are plenty of them but finding them with the glass unbroken is harder as the class is a very unusual shape and size, they are a bright lamp, cheers Frank

• @ ROLF

:megaphon: Ich war dir damals schon um JAHRE voraus :po:

Jetzt hast du halt aufgeholt, nachdem ich bemerkt habe, was das für Kracken sind

IMMER EINS MEHR WIE DUU , :po: