Hasag 351L help needed - Updated 29/3 19:25

• Yes, i tested this in several lamps. The 551-nozzles are working quite fine in an 351 lantern.
    It must be this way, as both lanterns are 300HK /CP-models.

Sorry Casper, but I had to edit your Link, as it was to the commercial section of Lighthouse, and commercial links are not allowed by users agreement. Now it leads to the info-page. :done:

Best regards, Björn

God created men.
    Sam Colt made them equal!

• Hi Bjørn

Ok great - I just completed the payment for the parts so now I am just waiting for them to arrive :-)

Ahh yes that is true regarding the link... I will remember this in the future..

By the way - a bit off topic for this thread: Will there be any meetings/arrangements for lantern enthusiasts soon near DK? I have searched in DK but have not found anyone planning anything. And most of the people I know finds this hobby mostly strange so it would be nice to meet fellow lantern-lovers in person :-) :prost:

BR Casper

• Hi Casper,

here you an find informations about the collector meetings .

LINK

Gruß Rüdiger [iogear1]
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Erst eine PX500 BW, jetzt Ʃ14805HK + Ʃ39,7kW + Ʃ173''.... mol seehn wat noch kimmt :whistling:

• Hi all

I have now received the spare parts and the "twin"lanterns works great - but as said here on the forum: "if there are no pictures it DID NOT happen" :-) So here they are.

Image 1: Here you can see the lanterns before restauration - not in a good shape. The right one is missing the glass and the tank filler cap but apart from that they were complete. If anyone has a spare tankfiller cap they would like to sell please let me know :-)

image 2: Here are the twins fully restored and with stickers I drew in adobe illustrator from the original ones and got printed on silk matt stickers. Not original I know but it was the best I could do since the tanks had to get re-painted. Image is also a bit skewed from the lens - it's not the lantern :-)

image 3 - a close-up of a sticker.

Well this was all from me - have a nice evening everyone

BR Casper :prost:

• Woow!! Nice, awsome! Good job :applaudit::applaudit: Where do you bought the NOS Hasag lanterns...? :thumbsup:

Best regards Carsten

• Thank you - I actually think it was a pretty good job myself :-)

NOS... Well I consider that as a compliment to my restauration :-) They were bought from an elderly couple in the countryside not far from where I live for 16 Euro. The woman could remember that her grandparents had used them in or just after the 2nd world war - and she could remember that he hung them on the same spot I took them down from in the barn of the family farm when he could not get them to work anymore.

Nice lanterns and a nice story :D

• Jetzt sprechen die Dänen nur noch englisch miteinander???

Wie wärs mit :tele:

Gruß
    Karsten

Wir wussten es. Die Amis wussten, dass wir es wussten. Aber wir taten immer so, als ob wir es nicht wüssten und die Amis taten immer so, als ob sie glaubten, dass wir es nicht wussten. Aber sie wussten, dass wir es wussten. Also wussten es alle. :po:

• ich versteh sowiso nichts :D
    schreiben ist einfacher :user: