Two hole mantle?

• Hi Björn,

My Petromax is nowadays still functioning very well, in fact it operates like a Buick, you now the famous American car that is allways going strong!

But I have looked at those double hole Petromax mantles and the two hole mantle holder.

Please, advice me, are these twin hole mantles much better than the standard ones? Is it only a question of durability or will this two hole mantle also give an even brighter light?

Best regards,
    Kenneth from Finland

• Hello, Kenneth!

If you have a "Buick going lantern" you have no reason to change your system! :done:
    The two hole mantle holder may give more durability for the mantle but not more light.

Best regards, Gerald

Die wahren Lebenskünstler sind bereits glücklich, wenn sie nicht unglücklich sind. (Jean Anouilh)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von HerrLehmann ()

• Ok, thank you very much for your advices!

I thought that I could get from the two hole mantle even more light!

But the durability of the mantle is not for me any big issue, that is because my three Petromax lanterns are all very stationary positioned.

I tried to find from Finland (where I live) these suggested "Coleman gold top 1111" mantles, but without any luck. Do you know any netshop that have these?

Best regards.
    Kenneth, Helsinki

• Zitat

Original von Sturmkappe1978
    Hi Kenneth,

you got an PN!

Best regards Carsten

Sorry, but what do you mean with a PN?

• Moin Leo,

ja oder so... :done:

PM is the right word...

Best regards

• Hi kenneth,
    sorry, i did not recocnize that you wer asking for me - but the guys, answering before me, were right.

Two-hole-mantles and holders do give only more stability, not more light.

Elseway, you do not need to look half europe for finding coleman 1111 mantles, the swedish Optimus-mantles are quite good and stil under produktion.
    They should be easier to get in Finland - also on tradera sometimes :done:

good luck, Björn

God created men.
    Sam Colt made them equal!

• Hi,

Thanks to everybody for the advices as HerrLehmann, Wanderer,
    Sturmkappe1978, leo, Diddi, and of course the Benz_ihn himself!

In Finland we have a firm called "Kaasuvalo" in english "Gaslight", and that is a very small firm, but owned by the Russian governemet Gasprom, the world largest energy company!

Ok, I now succeeded to by some bether manthle from this "Kaasuvalo" store in Helsinki!

Best regards and have a nice weekend
    Ketsu

• Hi Kenneth

If you want a very bright Mantle ..buy some 500cp Peerless mantles...they are simple the best I have ever used..They are far brighter than any Non - thorium Coleman mantle...They burn up to a perfect shape as apposed to many other mantles including Coleman... :thumbup:

The Us Coleman collectors will aggree..and they are now all using Perless :)

OCD.. Obsessive Coleman Disorder 8o

• Hi Kenneth

I will do better than that Sir....I will send you a packet of 500cp peerless mantles...free of charge :thumbup:

Then if you are happy with them I will get you the E mail for the guy who sells them In US...He is good to deal with and will only charge actual shipping prices :done:

Just PM your address if interested...

Hi fox0512???

Thanks for your advice, but please tell me where I can bought these 500 cp Peerless Mantless in Finland or from any other Euro country?

BR.
    Kenneth
    http://forum.pelam.de/user/2644-fox0512/

• Kenneth

Just to add, when I bought my petromax I too was looking at the double hole mantle and I tried it...but as all the guys said above maybe some extra strength but no extra light...I always thought that the Petromax was capable of delivering a much better performance so I tried every type of mantle you can think of. :rolleyes:

I am no expert BTW :whistling: and these German guys are top experts when it comes to pressure lanterns..but I have found these mantles to be far superior to any I have used to date. :) Another advantage I found with this mantle is because they burn so bright I do not need as much pressure in the fount/tank which in turn makes the Petromax lighter on Kero... 8o

Regards
    Michael

• Something is wrong here, too.

I'll lock this thread until further information about unregistrated users posting here.

God created men.
    Sam Colt made them equal!