rapid burner tuning

• Aida Express 1250. My rapid burner burns very large yellow flames, so large they come out the top of the lantern. I think this might make the glass break! I have seen some lanterns that burn a nice blue flame, can you tune/adjust the rapid burner?

Also is there a reason this lantern does not come with a preheater bowl? Thankyou.

• I think, Your Rapidburner gives not enough oxygen to the flame.

There are three holes inside the Burner:

One in the middle, for kerosine and two others beside. The little two holes on the side give air from the tank to the flame. Maybe, one of them is full of mud. You can clean the holes with a cleaning needle, tool number 180.

• Waaa! :traurig: Why would needles keep breaking inside the jet/nozzle? i've broken 4 so far. Feeling upset because I cant buy these in my country. I have the length of the cleaning rod right I am sure! The needles work smoothly for a short time and show through the jet about 1mm and then suddenly the handle is not smooth to turn and it will break inside. I hope i have explained clearly enough.

• Hmm, sounds like your jet may have arrears from produktion,
    there could be brass-burrs below the jet-hole.

Or your needle was standing out of the jet too far, when handwheel is closed, your needle should be looking out maximum 1/2 mm.

I think, one of those should help.

To your other problem, the rapid-preheater- as Andreas wrote, has three little holes right under the injektion-jet, when you screw up, you will find one in the center on a cone (thats fuelinjection)
    and two below in a round recess (those for air) You can clean them also with a needle for the vaporizer-jet, if you have no handneedle.
    Like Andreas wrote, when the flame burns yellow, the mixture is too fat, it leaks air - so one of the airholes is propably filled with dirt or verdigris.

Good luck, Björn :done:

God created men.
    Sam Colt made them equal!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Benz-ihn ()

• I have a question along similar lines for my 829 500CP...

I do not think my pre-heater works properly as it has a large yellow flame that almost comes out of the top of the top cover. Using a magnifying glass I can see just a single hole in the top of the jet, off centre from the centre 'dimple'. Am I correct in assuming that this model just has the one hole and not separate holes for air and paraffin as the other model mentioned in this thread?

Please do not adjust your mind there is a fault in reality

• If you look into the drawings of the lamp ou can see that the rapid starter consist of mor or less 4 parts:

1. the long injector, which is screwed into the tank. On top it has one hole in the middle, which is linked to the brasstube which goes down into the fuel. Then you can see two other holes, which go directly into the upper, pressurized air- volume of the tank.
    2. The closing-mechanism
    3. brass-nut for fixing the closing-mechanism
    4. Blow-out-nozzle - this one only has one hole, because it injects the keroseene-air-mixture into the ignition-tube.

That means: You have to unscrew the upper part (blowout-nozzle) with the one hole and then clean the lower part with the three holes in it.

Don't overfill the tank - doing so will also result in poor rapid-performance due to lack of air in the upper tankportion.

Cheers

Armin

• Zitat

Original von tigang
    This video shows a pre-heater with a flame that looks just like mine...

Pre-heater video

Should it be like that for a 829?

The guy in your video initially pumps 34 times. In my opinion this is not enough to build up the right pressure for the rapid starter to work properly.

For me this seems to be the two most common reasons for the rapid behave like this.
    1. As my preposters stated, the two holes in the jet or at least one are not free.
    2. The pressure in the tank is too low.

Kind regards
    Holger

Diligentia Vis Celeritas
    --------------------------------------------
    Wer seine Waffen zu Pflugscharen schmiedet wird für jene pflügen, die dies nicht getan haben.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Nudnik ()

• Dear Armin and Holger

Thank you very much for your advice.

I removed the 'blowout nozzle' and cleaned the three holes in the chamber below. The blowout nozzle's single hole is offset from centre - in other words, instead of being in the 'dimple' it is off to one side... is this normal?

Anyway... the performance of the pre-heater is exactly as before, in that there is a blue flame at the bottom and then a large yellow flame extending into the upper part of the lantern.

I have tried pressures up to 3 bar and get the same effect. I have also tried with the tank full and half full of fuel and the performance is the same. The pre-heater gets the vaporiser cherry red at the point the flame hits and it lights perfectly after 90 seconds, but I am still concerned that the yellow flame indicates incomplete combustion, further evidenced by soot deposits in the upper lamp area.

Best regards
    Tig

Please do not adjust your mind there is a fault in reality