Petromax 200cp with red hood?

• hello!

I got an petromax from my relatives. It has an red hood says petromax rapid 200cp.
    It allso has 2 stamps on the tank with 2 "dragons" with an sun i middle and letter "E". Furter "REGD" and "MADE IN GERMANY".
    Nothing else!

when is my lamp made, anyone who might help me?

I try to get it work.
    Anyone that knows whish spares to use. When i look for petromax spare they give only 150,250,350 and 500 models.
    Do "OPTIMUS" spares fit to Petromax? They have 200CP spares, and they look wery similiar!

thankfull for any information

--Jan--

• Hi Jan.
    You should show a picture of that Lamp.
    Best Regards
    Stefan

Vor der Kaserne, vor dem großen Tor, stand mal :whistling: eine Laterne.......
    :megaphon:Brooooooooooommmmmmbeeeeer :naughty:

Gruß,
    Stefan

:done: :prost:

• Hello Jan!

Have a look to the bottom of the tank. Maybe, there are a few numbers and a slash like this: 3/5, make with a needle an the plate.
    Sometimes it's very hard to find.

It's not sure, but the first numbers maybe the month and after the slash the number maybe the year of Produktion.

One number after the slash is for the 30's, so 3/5 is for March/1935. In the 40's will be 2 numbers after the slash like 41.

• hello!

with some imagination i do find an 2 and 4 or maybe 242...last "2" is barely vissible!

its realy old! :O where can i find parts to it?

--Jan--

• Thats a nice 827 lamp from the 30`s :done: All Seals should fit of other sizes. If you want to burn Gas you should order the famous Seals from Eidgenosse Ernst. This was also my best Idea. I use Gas and the Lamps are not as hot as with Kerosene.
    Best Regards
    Stefan

Gruß,
    Stefan

• Where did you find this?

Gruß,
    Stefan

• 200cp was before 250cp came. Maybe your Tank has been changed because of defect. It should be marked with E inside of a G between the Dragons. The red Had was shown in the Cataloque of 1936

Gruß,
    Stefan

• hellO!

Now when you say it, it has en "E" insiden on bil "G" i thougt it was an circle!

I take some better pics tomorrow....!

is it wort it to restore it, or just use it in bookshelf?

--Jan--

petro2.jpg

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von lacrits68 ()