E&G - Blitz oder Wunder?

• Hallo Lampenfreunde!

Habe eine Zentrallüfter mit ungewöhnliche Brandscheibe gekauft.
    Zylinder ist 20''' aber docht ist wie auf alle Wunder- und Blitzlampen grösser.
    Habe jetzt ein Famos 120 Schlauchdocht - Querschnitt von Zentralrohr ist gleich. Auch Gewinde ist tatsächlich gleich.

Brandscheibe habe Ich früher nie gesehen, und wegen die Löcher unten, nenne Ich zur Zeit es Blitzlampe.

DSR und Tankdeckel ist wohl (sicher) E&G?

Was glauben sie?

Brennt jetzt noch besser, als Docht hier nicht gut getrimmt war.

/Hans

• Hans,

die Form des Zylinders spricht für eine Blitzlampe. Das
    Dochtschlüsselrad für eine Hugo Schneider.

Dazu noch eine schöne Lyra und die Lampe ist perfekt.

Ich besitze auch so eine Blitzlampe. Allerdings mit einem
    Brenner 20 ''' von G. F. Otto (Berlin). Dein und mein Bassin
    sind gleich und waren optional. Es wurde von vielen Lampenherstellern
    eingesetzt.

Herzlichen Glückwunsch zu dieser schönen Lampe.
    Wenn sie brennt ist die Wärmeabgabe enorm und ihr Durst groß.
    Ca. 200ml/h süffelt sie weg.

Die kannst Du in der Übergangszeit Herbst/Winter als Heizung
    nutzen.

• Hi Hans, sorry for not speaking German but it is very hard to explain things clearly in a different language, please forgive me!

The lamp you have I believe is a 20''' Wunder, but definately a product of E&G, the wick adjuster is stamped exactly the same way as the 15''' Wunder and a 20''' lamp I have, the fuel cap is the E&G starburst, Hugo Schneider's logo usually has a similar but not identical starburst with a small 'HS' or sometimes a smaller star in the centre. The design of the gallery raising key is also found on most E&G burners that have gallery raising keys, including ESSO, Candesco, Eugeos, Matador etc...
    I believe this model of Wunder is of older design to the ones found in the 1936 E&G catalogue as the flame spreader is different in that, the reason I believe yours is earlier also is because I have a 20''' Wunder with the same flamespreader as yours, mine was imported to the UK around 1895 to a company that sold church lighting fittings, the wall bracket is stamped with the 1895 registered design number and is original to the lamp. My lamp has gallery raiser and extinguisher lever.

Picture102.jpg

Notice the chimney has a outwardly tapering top section but not as pronounced as your 'Blitz' type chimney.

Picture103.jpg

Cheers, Iain.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Iain Hunt ()

• Hello Iain!

I'll continue writing in English as I know it a bit better than German.
    Your lamp is identical as far as I can see. Is there some writing on the collar next to the winder?
    I feel it's a Blitz because of the FS construction. I also have a couple of Wonder lamps from E&G, but they all have a regular Matador type FS, with just a solid plate hat - flat or curved downwards.
    All Blitz lamps I have seen, on the other hand has a hollow top with air holes facing downwards - a bit like the FS on this lamp.

Auf Deutsch:

Deine Lampe scheint identisch zu meine zu sein. Ist 'was geschrieben neben Dochtrad?
    Ich glaube es ist eine Blitzlampe wegen die konstruktion von die Brandscheibe. Ich habe einige Wunderlampen, die haben alle eine Matador ähnliche BS - das ist nur eine solide scheibe - flach oder gewölbt nach unten.
    Die Blitzlampen habe dagegen eine "Kammer" mit Löcher nach unten - ein bisschen wie die BS von diese Lampe.

Bild von eine Blitz BS/ Picture of a Blitz FS:

/Hans

• Hi Hans, thanks for the birthday wish!
    Sorry I never realised I never answered this post, I don't get emails to say I need to like I do on be-back-later.
    The writing says 'Jones & Willis' 'The Cathedral Lamp', Jones and Willis were a ecclesiastical outfitter in the Victorian era.
    It is possible the lamp was a version of a Blitz, I think 'Blitz' was one of those trademarks that many manufacturers used like 'Wunder/Wonder', they all had their version etc...
    The lamp is definitely a product that originated with E&G, it would no doubt have been made by E&G and then exported to England. The HS lamp Conny shows was imported and rebranded in the UK and sold by Veritas as the 'Helios'. All the best, Iain.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Iain Hunt ()