• Recently purchased two Turm L 51 heaters. Can these be run on white gas? The instructions say kerosene. Can I buy wicks for the L 51?

• please, don't use white gasoline!!!!!

A wick burner has an open flame which is located near to the tank full of fuel.
    As this tank is not sealed airtight, the gasoline vapours would emerge and ignite in the fire.
    The effect would be a large explosion.

Irgendwie haben es mir die Österreichischen Hersteller angetan:
    Brünner, Ditmar, Halbaerth, Phoebus, immer her damit...

Beste Grüße

Sven

• Thanks for the information. I wanted to be sure before starting the heaters. When I purchased them I was told white gas but the unit clearly says kerosene.
    I will contact Frei's about the wicks.

Does any one have information on the fuel containers that would have come with these units? Photos would be nice.
    turmL51.jpg

• Like This one?

It's about 10 Litre.
    There is a (in German we say Schnabel or "Ausguss")
    So you can easely fill in the Petrol.

Die other Screw is for the Air.
    So nothing (normaly) goes away, when you fill in the Petrol.

*sorry for the bad English, i hope you understand me* :rauch:

• no need to apologize for your english. I appreciate the help.
    I have two pinzgauers (710 and 712) and a Daf ya 126 and have not yet learned the foreign languages associated with each truck. I have relied on others to speak english when I have needed help.

The fuel tanks that came in the box with my heaters appear to have been 15 X 15 X 24H centimeters. This is from the rub marks in the box.

• Hello,

In these boxes there are normally not the fuel tanks as shown here (10 liters), there are several cans (tins), each containing one liter of kerosene.

These tins are also sealed with a lead seal, like a fire extinguisher.

Normally, 4 of these cans are in such a heating-box. As 4 liters are a bit less for these stoves, i suppose that in case of war, these boxes will be equiped with one or two of these 10-liter-tanks. But in peacetime, only an emergency supply is held in the boxes.
    (4 liters is enough to run two L51 stoves for about 10-12 hours.)

Greetings,
    Frank.

--
    Mehr Licht! (Goethe)