PRIMUS No862 Benzine/gasoline blowtorch lotlampen

• Hi forum here are a few pictures of my PRIMUS 862 benzene blowtorch, ich finished restoration on this lotlampen a little while ago and today I fired it up for the first time, with some coleman fuel I bought.
    It fired up brilliantly, and I ran it for just over a minute I could feel the heat it was generating as I was filming it and taking the pictures, i could have given it a bit more power but decided not to indoors.
    As all ways forum my apologies for not speaking Deutsch and danke allowing the post in English

• Hi Eugen you are 100% correct with the kopper i took this picture with my camera as soon as i lit it i also set up my camcorder and filmed it for you tube, towards the end of the film it started to loose some of the green colour and get more blue,it needs a good 10 mins or more and the flame will turn perfect blue

All the verry best from essex uk :gaehn:

• Hi Peer danke for your kind complements with the steel regulator wheel/knob I think it was manufactured in the 1920's,i will have a look tomorrow as I have put it in my hooby hole/shed.
    Most PRIMUS apparatus were date stamped by letter code, I am sure this lamp has been date stamped and I have looked it up

• Hi Peer Most stoves blowtorches made by Primus from 1911 were date stamped, from 1911 -1955 were stamped with a letter 1911 was letter A, when the system reached Z it all started again AB AC etc up till 1955,from 1955_1963 it changed to a 6 digit date code, the last two numbers in the code was the date for example 142555 was the year 1955 from 1963 the year of manufacture was just stamped on the box carton.

On this lotlampen/blowtorch the letter S is stamped on the tank which means 1928,hear are 2 links that will help with the date
    http://www.spiritburner.com/fusion/showtopic.php?tid/13326/

http://medlem.spray.se/blowlamp/Collecting/collecting.htm

The link above shows the style of lotlampen that was made during the era

• Hallo Brian,
    :applaudit: fine restauration
    :merci: for the pics
    :done:
    We think you like the swedish models, don't you?

Freundliche Grüße aus Bad Münstereifel
    Kiki und Karly

• Hi Kiki und Karli many thanks for your kind complements, I do like the Swedish models, but it is not the reason why I have a lot of Swedish and British models, its is just that they are so common here about 90% or more

• Hi All,

Although this thread maybe out-of-date. Maybe it will be read and do I get some answers.

I have the possibility to buy a Primus 862 in very good condition. I really like it, but I am wondering what a good price would be for such a device?

Marcel

• Hi Marcel welcome to Pelam, no thread is out of date on here I am not sure if we are allowed to give any advice on price ranges.

I know its not allowed to discuss the price we pay on ebay for our blowtorches lanterns etc.
    It is a difficult question I did not pay much for mine as it was not in mint condition.
    I would pay what you feel comfortable with, a blowtorch in good condition with its original instructions box etc, and one that has never been used would fetch a higher price.

Have a look on the auction sites for similar torches to see what kind of price they fetch would be my best advice