Just got an old 250er but..help ??

• I started with a china 500hk .. then got a 1960 828 wow nice quality ...

I was looking for a brass petro and found a old 821 ( i think ) its a 250 indead - but with a "unoriginal" #121 glassholder - so no type shield.

My questions are - I took it apart and discovered the nozzel is a 500 ??
    it burns with a pelam 200/300 hk mantel and actually look fine -

But it gets pretty hot on the tank ...

My question is what parts are the difference with the 250 350 and 500 ...

Is it the diameter of the #50 nipplel , size of mantel, and cleaning needle only ??
    what about the ceramic thing its obvious of various size ..

And what if one where to use a 500 nipplel and a 500 mantel on a 250..
    would it over heat ???

And if i used a 250 nipple and 250 mantel on my 828er would it light less and use less fuel ...

I cant believe I had to live for almos 40 years before i was introduced to these lamps ... I love em :-)

• Hi Meier,

the differences between 500hk and 350hk are only the jet and the nipple, you can change as you like.

150HK and 250 HK are different in almost all major parts, like size of tank, glassholder, hood, hoodguts, and vaporizer.

I would not use a 500hk-jet in a 250 lamp, as the airtube is too small and it is almost impossible to bring it up that much so that the mixture would not be too fat. (than you have more a burning than a lighting :naughty:)

Also a 500hk-mantle would overheat the 250hk-tank.
    On the other way, to use a 250hk-jet and nipple in your 500hk, you have to change the airtube, mixingchamber, nozzle and mantle - but a 250hk airtube would not fit in a 500/350HK lamp.

If you want less light, i would suggest to get some frosted glasses or some reflectors, if you want more light, i would suggest other mantles like Pelam 40+, Luxor, or Goldtop 1111
    Good luck, Björn

God created men.
    Sam Colt made them equal!

• But it would be later and a lot harder

but you have made a good start in Petromax´ism

a new word i have to learn :-)

Best reagrds

Eugen j.keusen

es grüßt freundlichst Euer Mod

Eugen J.Keusen

KEUSEN@KEUSEN.DE Das Leben ist zu kurz um sich zu ärgern, genieße jeden Tag.