Flare-ups on 829 500CP

• After reading this thread I was so impressed I decided to register here. I was formerly a member of Britel-t's now defunct forum, and never got any straight answers to my questions - only endless image management and excuses. They always seemed to be more interested in telling me how malfunctions were not their fault rather than attempting to help me solve them. I am looking forward to more enlightening ( :D ) conversations like this one.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Aida Express 1500 has the exact same problems. I have both a stainless steel #3ss and an "improved" #33-b purchased from Britel-t. My #34 expanded and it and my #3 fell out just as described here destroying an original Petromax thorium mantle......... X( The different coefficients of expansion in the metals is not a possibility that I considered when I originally purchased the parts. Britel-t said that they were planning to come up with a stainless #34 that would solve this problem last November, but it did not materialize. Muffler cement (aka gun-gum) got the lamp back together but now it flames when the #111 is turned fully open.

This happened after I used #2 Diesel instead of Kerosene for a while. This I believed was due to the higher BTU of Diesel compared with Kerosene causing compression of the softer brass threads in the #34. I see now that was not the case.

• Hello,

I have also two Petromax 500 CP lamps and I have tried the much advertized stainless steel nozzle. But it does not function properly. With that steel nozzle you get very often these flare-ups etc. so it is a bit of crap!

To Benz-Ihn: Here in Finland´s army our partisane soldiers still use very much Tilley and Petromax kerosine lamps and burners during autumn and winter conditions in the forest and Lappland highlands.

And one question, please:
    I am now soon short of my Peerless Thorium mantles that I byed a year or two ago from USA. Do you know if I now a days can buy these mantles frome Europe?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von kentsu ()