Petroleumglühlicht Radium Mod3 vermutlich K&T

• Hallo Allerseits,

nach längerer Zeit hab ich mich mal wieder an ein Petroleumglühlicht gewagt, aber das Gelbe vom Ei ist das auch nicht.
    als Socken hab ich einen von Aladdin genommen, der wackelt aber da er 5mm zuviel an Durchmesser hat und das Glas sollte 53mm haben und keinen Bauch. Hat aber auch keiner, oder doch?
    Betrieben hab ich zuerst mit Parafin, gab ein riesen Gemecker und Kopfschmerzen. Dann hab ich mein gelbes Petroleum reingekippt, da ist der Geruch schon erträglicher. Letztendlich kriegt es einen schönen platz und gut ists.

tschüss Peter

• HalloPeter:

Unglaublich, was du immer so auftreibst..... :respekt::respekt:
    Ich muss demnächst auch noch eine Halterung basteln und einen Socken anpassen. Wie groß ist denn der Abstand vom Haltearm bis unten? Würde da nicht auch ein 1111'er verkehrt herum einigermaßen passen?

Gut goahn ut Westfoalen.
    Erwin, de' ColeMan :rauch:

• Hallo Peter

So ein Glühlicht nenne ich auch mein Eigen. Den Zylinder allerdings kannst Du vergessen, da gehört definitiv ein Glühlichtzylinder oder ein gerader von mindestens 300mm Länge drauf, sonst müffelt sie. Der Aladdinsocken ist das beste, was man heutzutage auftreiben kann. Der 1111er ist zu dicht gewoben, so dass der Brenner sofort überhitzt.

So ein Glühlicht kann viel Freude und richtig Licht machen, aber bis dahin ist es ein steiniger Weg... Viel Spass damit!

Viele Grüsse
    Alex

• Hi, firstly, my sincere apologies for not speaking German!...I will learn soon!

Although the burner is stamped 'Radium' I do not believe the burner to be a product of K&T at all...unless they took over from Hirschhorn...

This burner appears to be a rebranded version of a Hirschhorn 'Aida'.

Please check out this link;
    http://www.be-back-later.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=330

If you scroll down past the pictures of the HS Kronos 1911, you will see my rebranded 'Aida' imported to the USA and called a 'Liberty' with a larger collar-thread to accommodate the US fount threads.
    You will also see the parts of the burner including the flame spreader which is very unusual, also the serrated air baffle that fits over the top of the outer wick tube...very Hirschhorn!,appears on their Carmen/Litenite lamp too.

There are slight differences in the body punchings but it has the same adjustment screw and the gallery raising key is the same design etc..the wavy lines on the burner base are very typically Hirschhorn too...

I will be interested to see if I am correct in my thinking!

All the best, and well done on finding a beautiful burner!

Cheers, Iain.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Iain Hunt ()

• Hi, I tried to take a few shots of my rebranded Hirschhorn 'Aida' in similar poses to Peter's burner, just to further show this has to be 'Originally' a product of J Hirschhorn.

Obvious differences being the basket punching detail towards the lower two thirds and the chimney gallery is taller but shares the same 'teeth', also the gallery raising key is the same in design as well as the wick wheel being identical apart from what is writen on it, subtle cosmetic changes to the fine adjustment 'guage' or 'dial'...

Aida.jpg

It appears from the pics that the air baffle that fits over the top of the outer wick tube is missing, however, there appears to be (in Peter's picture of the outer wick tube) one of the small pressed-out knobs that seats the baffle in place on the outer wick tube to prevent it being forced too far down.

Aida2.jpg

I also include a picture of a central draught 20''' Hirschhorn 'Carmen' or as it was marketed in England as the 'Litenite', apart from lacking the raising gallery and the fact it is a 20''' burner, you will see the design of the basket is the same and the gallery although updated in the chimney teeth is very close.

Hirschhorn20.jpg

Thanks, Iain.