Problem with HK150

• Hello,

I'm entering now with this thread for the first time in forum.

I tried to search something to help me about my problem but I didn't find anything at the moment.

About the lantern in object (HK150) I have difficult to mantain for '90 seconds at least' the pressure value around red mark of manometer so I'm not able to do the necessary pre-heating having problem with mantle burning; it burns by a big flame and it doesn' become incandescent.

When I put the flame of match or lighter near pre-heating burner, it needs many seconds to burn (probably because of high pressure of jet, even if I start with manometer indicating a little bit over the red mark like instructions show by the relative photo) so pressure value decreases quickly and afterwards (when I can close the rocker-arm) I'm not able to mantain that value of pressure.

Thanks at all.

• HI
    Welcome here in this forum.
    When you've got problems with the preheater to set it on fire, try to decrease the pressure in the tank. Set it on fire and than increase the preasure by pumping. When you are not able to do it rapidly, then try a litte less fuel in the tank (for the 150 I think half a liter should be enough) so there is more air in the tank. An other posibility do light the latern is to use the soft method.
    In the center plate the is a hole to put alkohol in it and light it (do it perhabs 4 times). When you use this method there is no pressure in the tank and the pressure valve and the generator is open. When the last filling of the cup has nearly burned down, then close the valve and put pressure on the tank.
    The 150 is a little tricky so stay on trying. Mine is also not easy to light.
    Best reguards
    Sebastian

Der nur nen bisschen Licht beim Fliegen haben möchte! ;)

• Thanks a lot for your advice.

I'll try to do by both ways.

Much probably there is too much fuel.
    Infact I filled lantern and I use it a few time so there is much fuel and few air in the tank, so the value of pressure decreases rapidly.

Paolo