Unknown enamel shade

• Dear pressure lamp experts,

Recently I obtained an enamel shade. I thought it was made for a Tilley lamp (as advertised), but it does not fit without using a sawing-machine :naughty: Can anyone tell me what brand & type lamp this shade is made for? It is eleven inches wide and the inside is five inches wide and straight edge to straight edge is just under six and three quarter inches. The shade does neither fit on a Tilley nor any Petromax in my collection.

Regards Paul (NL)

• Hi, Paul!

My first idea was that this shade could fit on a Radius 119... but I might be wrong. :D

Regards Gerald
    By the way...you´ve got a PN !!! ;)

Die wahren Lebenskünstler sind bereits glücklich, wenn sie nicht unglücklich sind. (Jean Anouilh)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von HerrLehmann ()

• Hi Paul,

may I be wrong, if I guess thet the other side of the shade is just bright white enamel?

It max be a Petromax or Geniol 250 - pressure lamp shade from the Swiss Army - bur it is just a guess, sorry.

- oh, wait, i just looked closer - may you please translatre the Inch-measures in centimeters?

I think, this could be a rare shade for WW2 Standard 2224 - and Petromax 850-Lamps. With measures i cm I could check that, i would need the measure between the two gaps, the widthst of one gap and the distance of the whole cirkle.

Best regards, Björn

God created men.
    Sam Colt made them equal!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Benz-ihn ()

• Okay, the score is...

- Radius 119
    - Geniol 250
    - WW2 Standard 2224 - and Petromax 850-Lamps.
    - BiAladdin 305
    - HASAG 351

It is definitly not a Geniol shade, because the inner hole of the shade is too big to fit on a HK250. The origin of the shade is most likely England, because that is the location where I buyed. Maybe this helps to identify the manufactor.

The point is, this shade is not useful for me. :naughty: Therefore I want to get rid of it. I'd like to sell or exchange it.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Paul Tonkes ()

• Paul,

I have measured for you a BiAladdin 305 splittable shade:

Outer diameter is 11 1/4"
    Inner diameter is 5 1/6"
    Inner diameter from long edge to edge is 6 1/2"

So your shade would most probably fit on a BiAladdin.

Regarding the trading: Just drop me an email and I see, if we'll find something.

Groetjes,
    Wil(le)m

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

• hello every one just joined your site tonight, the question above promted me to join.

i can confirm for you the above shade is for Bialaddin/vapalux lamps i recently bought a few of these shades in there original packaging the shades are vitreous anamel the upper face is blue to nearly black the lower face is white the box they come in is marked Bialaddin storesref.no.21c/2503 date packed 25/5/1949 i did try to upload a pic of the box but the pic was to big ! my first post so please exscuse my error there. sid