• I would like to thank all those who replied to my earlier thread (Safety Issue). I now have another question. My lantern has the rapid preheater, but also came with a number of accessories including a plastic "filler bottle". Under what conditions does one use this and how does it work?

Paul

• Hi Paul
    Your lantern should have a pre-heater cup
    you could use it to warm up the lantern instead of the blow-torch pre-heater.
    What you do is fill the cup with alcohol and light it. the bottle is used to reach the bowl through the opening in the frame
    it will be sufficient to warm up the lanterns.
    when to use is up to you
    if you dont want to carry additional alcohol with you use the tourch if you dont mind this is a quiter way to warm up the lantern without the pressure loss.
    both ways are fine and could be used. what ever you prefer.

• Thanks for the info., Doron. I do have a metal thing that looks like it might be the pre-heater cup. It is not installed, but I should be able to figure out where it goes if I ever feel the need to use it.

Paul

• Hello,

One additional thing: If you use the pre-heating cup with a kerosene lantern, it should be filled up with alcohol and burnt down twice, otherwise the carburator is not hot enough.

Do not fill the cup with gasoline or kerosene, as these things will produce a lot of soot that darkens the glas.

The filler bottle is filled with alcohol and it will let only this amount of alcohol to come out that the pre-heating cup can handle - in theory, this works, in reality, the filling bottle has to be shaked a little bit sometimes....

Greetings,
    Frank.

--
    Mehr Licht! (Goethe)