Petromax HK150 leaking

• As far as I know there is no such holder for the 150hk.
    I think the two-hole 150hk mantles are meant for lanterns from other manufacturers.
    Maybe even for butane/propane lanterns which often use two-hole mantels.

greets
    Simon

• Well, I really do think that there is no reason for a two-hole matel at the HK150.

Just to furnish this with proof think about the size of the mantles - the leverage effect is really small at the smaller matles. I do use the same mantle in my HK15 for nearly one and a half year and this is my travelling lamp in my campervan...

I only had problems with destroyed matles while running a service at the lamp so as cleaning the glas or screwing the spray thightly again.

On the other hand side You will have al few more problems to fix the mantle at the blower *AND* the holder. ;(

Just have a mantle as a spare with You and You will have fun for the next two or three years! :thumbup:

Greetings

Christian

Hier wird das Licht von Hand gemacht...
    ... und der Motor gehört nach hinten!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von KSBulli ()

• Now that I have been able to compare this almost new HK150 to my old Hipolito 350, I realize that this HK150 is still not working too perfectly.

It works, but the problems are, especially after the start up that there are flames around the mantle, and a lot of smoke. This lasts for some minutes, then it becomes better. 3, 4 or 5 cups of alcohol should be enough for preheating and the mantle lights up but not properly.

This flaming already has made white marks on the glass. I have a spare glass but I don't replace it before the lantern works better. I also have the whole carburettor to change if needed.

Does your HK150 start properly or are there flames & smoke ?

• I make one more update as my HK150 has now been working perfectly.

What I found out was that I had a loose thread between the parts 34 and 33. I have had the VA burner installed and with it I got this new mixing chamber (34) which was probably not for this lantern. I changed back to the old mixing chamber and there has been no more smoking and flaming. This is strange and I wish I had realized this earlier ;( I also changed the complete carburettor because the needle always went broken probably due to a not-straight rod inside. Now it works fine and I have the old carburettor as spare parts for something else.

At the moment I am watching both my lanterns giving light to the Halloween evening :)