Help with an old Hasag no 34 gas lamp

• Hi there!

I've found this beautiful gas lamp at a local flea market some weeks ago. As i can see is a Hasag no 34.

Now i need your experience and your knowledge to make this baby run again. After i'll read all your opinions i will buy all my necessary components from pelam.de website.

As i know, in this moment my lamp is similar to Petromax HK150 so i have to buy:

1. Glas normal HK15 x1
    2. Pump complete leather system x1
    3. Pelam mantle HK150 single hole x1

As you can see from pictures, what else could be broken?

The compression chamber is ok, except the pump leather, but i prefer to buy the hole pump system because i can't detach the old pump leather from the pump pivot.

Need your help, and opinion, Thank you!

PHP
    1. -[code=php]

• Hey,

:welcome: here.

[...] 2. Pump complete leather system x1 [...]

[...] except the pump leather, but i prefer to buy the hole pump system because i can't detach the old pump leather from the pump pivot. [...]

You have to replace the leather on the old pump, because the petromax parts here from the shop are differnt to the hasag pump system.
    I´m not sure if you have to use the normal leather or the one with the 8mm hole.

[...] 3. Pelam mantle HK150 single hole x1 [...]

At least 1 take some more!

Gruß Rüdiger [iogear1]
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Erst eine PX500 BW, jetzt Ʃ14805HK + Ʃ39,7kW + Ʃ173''.... mol seehn wat noch kimmt :whistling:

• Yes, my pump leather is the one with 8mm hole.

How can i test and see if the Carburettor group is working ok? Is there any way to see if is working fine?

• Normally the carburator group is working, if it doesn't work, you could clean it with heat and cold water or with mechanically things like an old Bowdenzug from a bycicle

Allzeit Gut Pfad
    Grischa

• Try to get pressure to the lamp, take the old leather with a part of grease on it and in the pump, if it works hardly you could fill the lamp half or more to minimize the necessary pump strokes for pressure. if yes: put the lamp in water to search for leaks.
    After this, fill the lamp, test if under pressure the kerosene spit right out of the carbouretor.

And then: Fire!

It is not necessary to mount a mantle for testing, if not you will see small blue flames out of the burner, the mantle only transform them in bright light, but if it doesnt work properly you can reassemble without danger of broken mantle

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Jürgen T. ()