At last a Petromax

• Hi fellas, well i could hardly believe my luck a couple weeks ago when i was reading a local secondhand paper and there was a Petromax super 500 cp lantern for sale for a hundred bucks, :P :P went and had a look at it and it was in really great shape and a early sixties model to boot, just the kind i was after, they rarely come up for sale in OZ.
    Fired it up as the old fella that had it only used it a few weeks prior, still full of kero, i was very impressed, i have a few Chinese clones of various names and it leaves them for dead in all departments, but this info would be nothing new to you guys as they are in plenty supply over where you are, verrrrrrry happy chappy, :bounce: :bounce: regards to all Frank

• Hi,

seems to be in a nice condition! :done: 100 Bucks...? Isn´t it too expensive? Don´t know how cheap/ expensive these lanterns where sold in Aussie Land. But it is working and in a good condition. Insofar.... :wiegeil:

Regards Carsten

• hi
    I has straight read where you lives.
    there the 100 is dollar favorable.
    what are for lamps in the background? coleman?
    greeting uli

• Wow nice catch!
    I think hard to find down under.
    But I have a question...
    Do you own a AUSTARMAX?
    Some guys her in Germany are hardly interested in this Lanterns.
    I have seen that they have now straight globes instead round globes.
    Is it right?

• Thanks for replies guys, Petromax and the other good not so common lamps like Hasag, Optimus some good older Coleman’s, and the Aussie Gloria, they sell for a lot more than 100 bucks over here, the lamps in the background are Coleman, Akron, Aussie Austramax and Kayen,Tilley, Hasag, Anchor, there are other variations of these there, I do have some Austramax lanterns, they are the only Aussie lantern still in production, Handi, Gloria, Kayen, and Aladdin have all long stoped production, I have one of the older Austramax which are much better quality than the new
    ones but they are still a great little lantern, the new ones also have strait
    glass but I have a number of new old stock bulge glasses thankfully. :thumbsup: Cheers Frank

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von aussie bloke ()

• Hello Martin, i got this lantern here in my town Toowoomba Australia, since the few short years of collecting pressure lamps i have only seen about four on sale in OZ, plenty on sale at ebay but by the time you purchase the older Petromax on ebay and usually add about seventy dollars US freight i was in front by a long way with this buy, regards Frank :D