Help! 1961 829 500 value?

• Hi guys would anyone be prepared to give me some idea of the value of a vintage 829 / 500 circa 1961 manufactured in Germany
    John
    Ps I'm not trying to sell this lovely pretty lady just wondering if I paid a reasonable price.
    Addendum
    My apologies for possibly infringing protocol in talking about prices in my later post.
    I would also like to add a caution to purchasing second hand lamps, in my case I have owned a Petromax for two years from new, and during that time I have learned how to maintain this lamp to a degree where by I could take the whole thing apart then re - assemble it without any problems, buying a second hand lamp without this knowledge would be a recipe for disaster! Before I even fitted a mantle this lamp was completely overhauled new washers in pump and carburettor were fitted a de coke was carried out on the carburettor, a pressure test was carried out on the tank / font, I also overhauled the pre - heater, so my advice to any novice who thinks they can buy a Petromax cheaply by buying second hand, is don't, always buy a new one first!!

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von johnmsmithfd ()

• [quote]Original von johnmsmithfd
    Hi guys would anyone be prepared to give me some idea of the value of a vintage 829 / 500 circa 1961 manufactured in Germany
    John
    Ps I'm not trying to sell this lovely pretty lady just wondering if I paid a reasonable price.I.E 60.00 Euros

• Hi John, :welcome:

yes, that is ok for a lamp in good but used conditions. :done:

Normally in this forum ther is no talking about prizes, but in this case we can tell you, that you did nothing wrong for the money.

Did you get it with supply? Box, spareparts and so on, or only the lamp?

Best regards, Björn

God created men.
    Sam Colt made them equal!

• Many thanks for your replies guys, in reply to bennz-ihn
    it came with original box and envelope of parts and tools the condition is superb can't believe my luck, now it's polished up it looks so pretty it's chrome plated (my other is brass) and just gleams the only problem if you could call it a problem is no spiritus bowl for lighting up have to use the fast heater which leaks like a drain, but with Bommels guide that I have printed out I'm sure I can over come this little problem. Thanks again