Tilley floodlight???

• Hello

I am very interested in the big tilley floodlight. Thats why I am writing in english.

How many cp/hk does this Lamp pruduce. One hole or two hole mantles??? any detail pictures.....

thanks daniel

Danelius

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Daniel S. ()

• Hi Daniel, By Tilley floodlight I'm assuming you mean the FL6 model which is the most common. The full series was FL1 dated around 1929/30 up to the FL6 which went out of production in the 1970s. There was also a FL10 which was similar but with a life-buoy tank and suspended so that it shone vertically downwards. To answer your questions, the FL series were originally rated at 1000cp but in 1934 were re-rated at 5000cp in the beam and around 3000cp on average. I'm not sure what these are in HK but as a rough guide 500cp is about 450HK, I think. I'll find out exactly for you if you want..... Mine is a late FL6 which uses a two-hole mantle (Part No. 191) - not the usual 164X or 164H mantle. It has two air tubes on the burner rather than the more usual three. It needs to be lit in exactly the same way as the smaller lamps and lanterns using exactly the same type of pre-heater torch. I can sort out some images later if you'd like them. Cheers, David

David