LANTERN supernatural

• Interesting, your idea with the fixed mantle.

What do you use for mantles?

You have placed so much mantles around your fount :applaudit:

What is the heat protection good for?

I never have seen before.

Let me know

Karli

IMMER EINS MEHR WIE DUU , :po:

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von karli ()

• Hmm, nice idea, it seems that Coleman Northstar-mantles are much easier to get at your place, - or much cheaper than in Germany :naughty:

Looks good and very custommade :done:

Best regards, Björn

God created men.
    Sam Colt made them equal!

• Many thanks for your comments gentlemen, much appreciated. The Coleman # 95 mantles are easy to get,but not cheap ($10 for a pack of 2) as you can see I wasted many trying to get the proper adjustment. It's really bright.......the picture shows it cooling down.

The mantle base and generator shield protecs the gen from the excess heat.....it works nicely.
    One draw back is that the chimney cannot be removed without destroying a perfectly good mantle.

Thanks

...and he guided them with the SUN by day and a PETROMAX by night......Mysticman030

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von mysticman ()

• Good idea to fix the nozzle with screws

I prefer the way to use exhaust mounting paste on the nozzle screw.

It is working in the same way

IMMER EINS MEHR WIE DUU , :po:

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von karli ()

• Fantastic! Well done :applaudit:

As you say, the only drawback is not being able to remove the top, which means every time you need to remove the glass for cleaning you need another mantle.

I am going to try to straighten out my double-tie mantle support to get it central, but I fear I will break the bottom ceramic support in the process.

Please do not adjust your mind there is a fault in reality

• Thank you for the compliments.
    Although the double tie mantles are more durable and may emmitt more light,I still prefer that classic shape of the original Petromax mantles,but when shrunk they don't always take that beautiful form,and many are too small.

I'm not familiar. Can you remove the chimney with your mantle support in place?
    Thanks and good luck!

...and he guided them with the SUN by day and a PETROMAX by night......Mysticman030

• Yes, the mantle support is held in place by the nozzle (the base of it is like a large washer with the hole in the centre just big enough for the nozzle threads to pass through. The whole assembly can be carefully lifted through keeping the mantle intact.

Please do not adjust your mind there is a fault in reality