New HK 150 "will not pump up"

• I have bought a new HK150 lantern 1 week ago from a French supplier here in France.
    After following instructions, the lamp will not pump up, when pushing the pump handle , there is no or little resistance. taking the pump piston out there seems nothing wrong and on pushing the piston back there is resistance, but on securing (item 42#) Pump cap, pressure no longer exists.

The French supplier, tells me that the Petromax 150 is a NON working model lamp and is for display only, they sell a lot for display only and cannot help.

Where can I buy the parts to make this lamp work?

Thank You

Phil

• Hi and Welcome :welcome:

The 150 HK PX is not only for display! LoL
    Its a real working lamp.

Please look here for a helping hand.
    --> PX in France

Maybe someone can help you with your problem.
    If not, write again! You are welcome :)

Mein größtes Spielzeug:
    MAN KAT1 5t mil glw - 12,7 Liter V8 DIESEL

• OK, the "not working, only for display"-statement is crap. Even if parts are missing, with a little adjustment work you can run the lamp :)

I have had the same problem as you with my brandnew HK150 from the shop.

Have a look at the leather part of the pump (don´t know the english expression here). Apply some oil or grease and bend it over a few times. Now it fits the tube of the pump perfectly and you get as much pressure as you like.
    Second, take a look at the bar and the pump cap. Do they fit perfectly and the hole is not to big? Or is it possible to hold the bar inclined while pumping? If the angle is too big the leather will loose contact with the tube (was a problem with mine, too).

Finally have a look at the leather itself. Does it look like it hasn´t been cut proper? Is it to small on an edge? Sometimes these chinese quality products seem to be cut by apes... If it does not fit at all (I have had this problem a few times) you have to buy a new one.

Have fun :)

stefan