• Picked up a rather sad looking lamp at the dump this morning, only identifier on the plate is 'Lanterne' and '250CP Automatic' I think its probably a Geniol? It also has a rapid lighter.
    It needs a new glass and mantle and the coleman fuel draining out and refilling with paraffin, oh and completely straightening out, looks like it was dropped on its side as the vapouriser is bent!
    Not bad for £1 even if its not a go'er. :applaudit:
    Over a year since last visit, too busy with work following a huge fire there, due to an electrical failure. So busy I've also had to give up Scouting. :traurig:

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Neiljohn ()

• Hi there,

like you said, the plate contains the word "Automatic" which was only used by Geniol - so I would guess, you are right.

I think, it wouldn't cost that much work to refit it, and for one pound, even a damaged vaporizer would't look that bad to me :naughty:

Best regards, Björn

God created men.
    Sam Colt made them equal!

• Zitat

Original von Neiljohn
    Picked up a rather sad looking lamp at the dump this morning, only identifier on the plate is 'Lanterne' and '250CP Automatic' I think its probably a Geniol? It also has a rapid lighter.
    It needs a new glass and mantle and the coleman fuel draining out and refilling with paraffin, oh and completely straightening out, looks like it was dropped on its side as the vapouriser is bent!
    Not bad for £1 even if its not a go'er. :applaudit:
    Over a year since last visit, too busy with work following a huge fire there, due to an electrical failure. So busy I've also had to give up Scouting. :traurig:

Hi,

I think that for that price it's a great find, even if goes only for spare parts!

Be sure to check that the bent vapouriser was the only part that suffered from being dropped, I mean that there isn't any signs of breakage/leak in where the vapourizer is attached into the tank. Pressurizing the tank and dipping it into a bucket full of water should be a good test, watch for bubbling.

I hope you'll have a chance to be back in scouting some day, the good thing is that it's a habit that one does not completely forget easily, I too had a 10-year break before the second round :)