Adjusting gap for mixing-tube

• Hello!
    I have a question regarding a 500CP. I have demounted it for cleaning, but I have lost the spanner with the "scale" on to adjust the gap with! (#66) Do any of You in here such a spanner which possible to measure the proper gap for the 500CP? My dealer could get such a spanner, but takes 3 weeks...
    Thanks in advance!!

• Hi Tredia,

sorry, I got no spanner, but I can tell you the propre measure - 14mm.

So you can use your lamp inbetween these three weeks...... :naughty:

Best regards, Björn

God created men.
    Sam Colt made them equal!

• 14mm is the right measure.

If it doesn't burn well, then you can make the gap a bit bigger.
    I always adjust the mixing tube a bit higher than recommended and I did not notice any adverse behaviour

Irgendwie haben es mir die Österreichischen Hersteller angetan:
    Brünner, Ditmar, Halbaerth, Phoebus, immer her damit...

Beste Grüße

Sven

• Oh,

and another good advise is, never to use instructions or instruction-videos from "Britelyt", they have no Idea of what they're talking about, they are just selling them in USA.

They show more false then right handling of Petromax-lanterns. :explode:

There was a thread in german a few days ago about Britelyt.... you might destroy your lamp or even get hurt by using those instructions.

Better ask here, we're pleased to help, and the posibility of a proper answer is much higher :naughty:

Best regards, Björn

God created men.
    Sam Colt made them equal!

• Tredia,
    The advice you are given is correct. 14mm is what it normally would be. But every lantern has its own personality. The best example i could give would be my AIDA 1500 EXPRESS. She is adjusted to 17 1/2 to 18mm and she runs the absolute best at this setting. I mean she absolutly screams. :rauch:
    Christop