• Hello

I bought this BAT recently.After some research in the forum it must have been made in the 1920s. The fuel cap is not original,has anyone seen one like this before? Also,the tank is coated with old sticky fuel residue,what should i use to flush it?

Sorry for not writing in German.

Ms5Tsnbl.jpg

N0CbNVwl.jpg

• After some research in the forum it must have been made in the 1920s.

Around 1920 and the following decade is a good first orientation.

he fuel cap is not original,has anyone seen one like this before?

Correct. This is not the original cap. Its a blindd plug for water or anything else.

Also,the tank is coated with old sticky fuel residue,what should i use to flush it?

I dont know about yout equippment :-) .... If you have only a modern, clean 1-room-appartment ..... go to a quality car garage, there are special wash boxes for motor parts to realize a ecological disposal.

But there are also helpfull things like orange oil, cold cleaning solvent, biodiesel .......

• Thank you for your answer.I flushed the tank with denatured alcohol and it worked very well.It's very cheap so it's a good solution.

• Hello (?)

This Bat 2850 has the horse shoe shaped handle so it the latest model, produced in the 30s. There are quite a view different Bat 2850s (and 2849s) It's all about the details like, tank/roof/handle shape, filler cap size, one or 2 hole plates below the globe, number/logo or no marking on the chimney cover, marking on tank and tank side.

groetnis, Henk