Lucas Aceta Major Karbid lampen

• Hallo Forum sorry I speak only English, this is my first post in the Kerzen und Karbid forum.

Ich collect and restore Lotlampens und pressure stoves und lanterns.

Ich have just won a Lucas Aceta Major Karbidlampen, this ist my first karbidlampen so my knowledge ist little.
    Ich do know this model is fur bicycle, there are a few problems with it that needs attention.

The water filler cap on top of the water tank ist lost, the spring bracket that mounts the lampen on the bicycle ist lost, and one of the previous owners had drilled a hole through the lens right in to the water tank.

Ich think this hole was drilled to convert this Karbidlampen to work with electric, either when the lampen was used in the early days, or may be by a later owner for decoration purpose.

Many kind thanks for any information and advice in this restoration, and sorry for posting in English

• Hi Brian,

sorry i can't help with that lantern but...there's no need to say sorry! You're well known in this Forum and i believe most of the members can read and write in english! Hope some of the guys can help you!

All the best Mate!

Carsten

• Hey Carsten wie sie sind, danke for all ways such a great welcome, ich do feel guilty only knowing a few little words in Deutsch I wish I learnt another language when I was at school it ist a regret of mine.

I believe most members as well can read and write in English, in fact better than I can lol.

All the verry best from essex uk :gaehn: