Importing Peerless mantles

• Good morning all,

Question, anybody had any problems whatsoever importing Peerless mantles into the EU? I ordered some from the US of A, and they seem to be stuck in the mail somewhere, maybe customs. Anybody knows of any problems, because they are slightly radioactive?

Take care, and have a nice day.
    Worried Dutch

To Petromax or not to Petromax, that's the question.

• Hi all,

The snailmail from the US of A has arrived, I'm the proud owner now of 60 Peerless #111 mantles for a CP500 :)
    I had to pay an additional 20 euro's for VAT (Mehrwehrtsteuer I think, my German is extremely rusty) and custom costs, but a total of €70 for 60 high quality mantles is a good deal I think.

Take care, and happy Petromaxing :)
    Happy Dutch

• Hey,

congrats for Your deal! But why do You have to pay such an high VAT (of BTW in the Netherlands) for such a little bill?
    Have they forgotten to put a copy of the bill at the outside of the box?

?(

Christian

Hier wird das Licht von Hand gemacht...
    ... und der Motor gehört nach hinten!

• Dear Christian,

There was a sticker with the value on the outside of the envelope there were shipped in, $52,50.
    Customs value for the mantles is 38 euro's according to customs, BTW for importing is €7,98.
    Costs for customs clearing are €13 euro's, that makes a total of €20,98.

I think the problem is, PostNL declared it for customs, and charged me 13 euro's costs for it.
    Bloody thieves, lol.

Taxes kill you in the Netherlands, but well, what can you do.
    At least I'm very happy with my mantles, and it's still a great deal I think :)

Take care
    Broke Dutch