Turner gasoline benzine lotlampen

• Hi forum, here is my latest addition and restoration, of a American Turner gasoline/benzine lotlampen.
    This lotlampen has a steel tank, so the inside was treated with a epoxy fuel tank sealer called por15, even though the inside of the tank was in perfect condition with no rust, i treated the inside of the tank with the por15 so it will prevent rust forming in the future.

The out side of the tank has been repainted, i applied 3 coats of primmer about 3 coats of metallic gold paint and 2 coats of clear coat.

I have replaced all the seals, i made a new lead washer for the filler cap and for the pump, the non return valve pip was replaced with a new Viton pip, as the old one had turned hard and would not make a seal, a new leather pump cup was fitted and new graphite packing around the regulator gland.

The burner has been cleaned and decoked of carbon, and a new wick fitted.

• Hey Brian.
    That came out excellent! :applaudit:
    Is the clear coat gasoline resistent? I've painted some lantern fonts with car paint some time ago but I'm not sure about that (without clear coat).
    I've a Coleman bloch torch which was obviously made by Turner. They all look more or less the same.
    Are you gonna stick a new decal onto the font to finish it off?
    Very well done! :done:

Gut goahn ut Westfoalen.
    Erwin, de' ColeMan :rauch:

• Hallo Erwin and Peer, danke fur your kind complements.
    I used normal car paint, as I can not speak German I tried to explain the paint so every one could understand.
    I forgot what colour I used, it was a ford metallic gold, metalic paint is finished with a clear lacquer / clear coat.
    What I did I applied the 3 coats of primmer, in one day and let it dry over night, to cure it I put it in the oven at 75 degrees Celsius for a hour, then applied the 3 coats of metallic gold allowing about 30 mins between coats, let it al so dry over night and then put it in the oven at 75 degrees for a hour, and then did the same with the clear coat.
    This cures the paint so if any fuel spills on the new paint work it will not spoil it

All the verry best from essex uk :gaehn:

• Hi Erwin, I can paint your items but I am not a professional, and it could work out expensive with the shipping to the UK and back, and the cost could come to more than the item is worth.
    But I would be more than happy to help you, if the cost and time is not a problem

• Thanks for your kind offer Brian but I'm sure you're right. :done:
    It really doesn't make sense. I'd just tried to pull your leg....... :rofl:

Gut goahn ut Westfoalen.
    Erwin, de' ColeMan :rauch:

• Hallo Brian.
    you present us a nice result of home made restauration like ererytime.
    The red handle may be matter of taste but your busy work ist ideal.
    Best regards to Essex county
    :welcome:

Freundliche Grüße aus Bad Münstereifel
    Kiki und Karly

• Hallo Kirki und Karli danke fur your complements, the red paint on the handle is original I did give it another coat with red plasikote paint.
    I also filmed it on my camcorder to upload on youtube, but I was not happy with it as there was a lot of back ground noise, I will do another film of it tomorrow and upload it.