High Standard Ceramic Nozzle

• Hi Petromax Fans,

I am Joseph from Hungary and I am a proudly owner of two HK500 lanterns.
    My big dilemma is the nozzle. I know the stainless steel is a piece of crap, but the oxyceramic is not available for HK500. Somebody have any experience with the american company's similar nozzle (20USD)? I can't write the name of the company or the link(the forum engine censored), but I think everybody know which company I say.

Is this similar to the german oxyceramic?

Thanks for the responds,
    and sorry for my terrible English

• Hi,

Why is the stainless one crap?

The problem is:
    The stainless burner expand during heating stronger than the brass of the mixing chamber (in which they are screwed)
    For this reason, the mixing chamber expands with time and the burner can fall down.

Oxid ceramic is extremely temperatur resistant, do almost not expand and is still really stable.
    This burner ist almost unbrakable.

greeting Ruediger

Gruß Rüdiger [iogear1]
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Erst eine PX500 BW, jetzt Ʃ14805HK + Ʃ39,7kW + Ʃ173''.... mol seehn wat noch kimmt :whistling:

• Oxid ceramic is extremely temperatur resistant, do almost not expand and is still really stable.
    This burner ist almost unbrakable.

greeting Ruediger

Yes, that´s right, but sadly it isn´t available for HK500 lanterns. Some guys have tried to get these burners from chinese manufakturers, but their photos of one seemed to be a fake and the burners are still available for the HK250s only ;(

Best regards,
    Jürgen

Mancher will von der Lampe den Rost abputzen, scheuert aber nur das Metall weg und der Rost bleibt sitzen.
    Zitat: Quelle unbekannt

• Thank you. I also would like one of these oxy burners.

I will leave the stainless one now, thanks to your advice.

They need to produce a mixing tube/mixing chamber/burner all from stainless and then maybe the problem would be solved.

• Okay, so what about the american high standard ceramic burner? It has write on Made in Germany and available for hk500. I am confused.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von susogos ()

• the Americans have copied everything. thus would also fit the new

• I am contacted with the B....t, becaouse the shipping cost is 38 USD! I ask from they why not send by a cheaper and economically First Class service, but they not too buyer friendly. 20 USd the burner and the shipping will be 38$ ??? :wallbash:

That's ridiculous.