Max Sievert APH restoration

• Hi every one i have now completed the restoration of my Max Sievert APH Benzine gasoline petrol blowtorch,Here are the pics of the various parts of the restoration in the first pic is how it came it was completely coverd in black soot and carbon,and it had a strong smell of leaded petrol and there was still a small amount still in the tank which must have been in there for years. it was then all striped down and soaked in hot water and soda crystals which is a stong detergent,which removes all the oil and dirt from inside and out side the tank, i then rinsed it and then soaked it in hot water and citric acid to remove all the tarnish, and then rinsed all the parts in clean water and dried the parts i replaced the cotton wick in the fuel pic up tube as the old one was realy dirty, i then removed all the carbon in the burner head,i then replaced the washer in the filler cap with a new viton washer and all so the safety valve on top of the filler cap with a viton washer/pip

I then replaced the pump non return valve washer and fitted a new leather pump cup which i buy from from a guy in turkey who sells them on ebay and through Classic camp stoves which i all so am a member,this guy in Turkey makes the best pump cup/washers i have ever used,

I then re packed the packing Gland with some brilliant Graphittape which i purchased from Peter Bendel many thanks Markus for the information on this brilliant graphittape, all the parts was polished on my polishing machine the finish is not perfect as there is quite a lot of surface scratches and pits, to get a perfect finish i would have had to polish a lot of the brass away which is not a good idea as itb would make the brass thinner and remove a lot of the deail in the lettering the blowtorch was then assembled, i have reached my max amount of pics so i will stop now and continue shortly

• Hi Brian,

seems to be a lot of work! Good job, well done! Look´s beautiful!

Regards Carsten

• Hi Carsten thank you cery much for your compliements a little work but ejoyable and worth it,very satisfieing that some that has not been used for 20-30 or longer and now back to full working order

All the verry best from essex uk :gaehn:

• Hi Peer thank you there was a lot of cleaning of the inside of the tank and inside the burner, so it would work well, i forgot to mention it is running on coleman fuel which is expensive but is very clean burning with no addatives

All the verry best from essex uk :gaehn: