Regulating the Petromax 500CP

• Hello!

I can see that most of you, writes in deutsch.. But i will write in english, since my german is quite bad. Here this christmas i got a Petromax 500Cp, and the first time i fred it up, it worked quite well. But The second time, i tried using the spirit preheater. Then it went wrong.. It began burningin the top, and that was because the regulaing needle was broken.. I think it was because the turning wheel had been turned both ways and had hit the top in a bad way. Well over again, and i put a new one in the lamp. Then it worked again.. But now i had been stupid and turned the regulating screw in he top.. And the secon time i fired her this day, it began spiting out flames.. I think it was to much kerosene...

Can anyone here help me with how to adjust it to work propely? I am a bit depressed.. I i didnt think it was that difficult. : :(

• hi jesper,
    no problem you write in english.

i hope it is clear, that the needle is not for regulating, only for cleaning the nozzle !
    a petromax lamp is digital: only 0 or 1 that means it can NOT be dimmed via the handwheel !
    please check that the cleaning needle moves straight up into the nozzle and doesn´t get stuck and damaged.

if you do preheat with spirit, you should do that twice to ensure, that the carburator gets enough heat.