• Hi all

If this S.M.P. lantern is of interest to anyone I thought I would add a pic..

A moody lantern at first to say the least...throwing flames etc....I have to pre heat gererator manualy first with a little blow torch to get temps up or its lose the eyebrows time :). 7 pumps to get mantle glowing and another 7 after 5min or so...and then it runs for 1/2 hours without having to pump fount again...Strange machine..but its growing on me :)

OCD.. Obsessive Coleman Disorder 8o

• Hi

Wasn;t sure about this lantern at first :).. But I have now promoted it to the favorites lantern shelf!...Its a brute indeed but has you said its without doubt a must have in any collection..Fine big chunk of metal!!

• :) Very true..There are SMP's out there that never worked properly...There are prone to generator tip clogging at times, especially with older one's that have been running on leaded petrol, with unleaded the generator should last a very long time...Another common problem is that the generator is not exactly the perfect shape, so when fitted the generator tip does not go deep enough into the mixing chamber..the trick is to put gen tip into mixing chamber first and then bend the bottom of the gen to suit connection from fount....Found some quadrant glass( with US stamp) on e bay...but seller would not ship outside US :rolleyes: