How to get rid of pulsating light?

• Hi all

I have two Petromax lanterns from Petromax Deutschland. They have functioned very well but the sound of the lanterns is somewhat pulsating - is this normal?

Now my other Petromax have also begun to pulsate the light intensity according to the pulsating sounds!

The pulsating frequence of these lanterns are very near a human beings heart rates, but I do not think they can have anything to do whis this:)

Please, tell me how I can get rid oif the pulsating light? With the the pulsating sound there is no problem - it does not disturb me.

Best Regards to all of you,
    Kenneth from Finland, Helsinki

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von kentsu ()

• Tervetuloa :welcome:

It's the Leidenfrost effect. The surface of the carburettor is so hot that the kerosene doesn't touch it. A strip of brass gauze as stuffing in the upper part of the carburettor (#152) coiled tight around the guide rod (#101) will prevent this effect and the pulsating should stop.

Hyvää yötä,
    Sebi

Suche: Benzindüse für Phoebus 625 oder Optimus 111, notfalls auch für Petroleum.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von SebiR ()

• Anteeksi mutta en oiken ymmärtänyt Voisitko hieman tarkemmin selittää mitä tehdä? Sorry, I did not quite understand, but could you please some what more specify how to get rid of this pulsating light?

BR.
    Kentsu

• I've written already detailed as possible...

wrap a 2cm wide strip of brass mesh tight around the upper part of 101 so that 152 fits nicely over it. Its a barrier for the kerosene.

Suche: Benzindüse für Phoebus 625 oder Optimus 111, notfalls auch für Petroleum.

• Hello,

Thanks, that worked! But I think there should also be some other "convential" solution based on the Petromax origanal parts and their adjustments.

• Zitat

Original von kentsu
    Hello,

Thanks, that worked! But I think there should also be some other "convential" solution based on the Petromax origanal parts and their adjustments.

Don´t worry :done: Petromax-lanterns were invented, about 100 years ago. They were built for fuel of much less quality than you can buy today, where we have pure and clear petroleum of high quality... ;)

Mancher will von der Lampe den Rost abputzen, scheuert aber nur das Metall weg und der Rost bleibt sitzen.
    Zitat: Quelle unbekannt

• Zitat

Original von Sockenleuchter

Don´t worry :done: Petromax-lanterns were invented, about 100 years ago. They were built for fuel of much less quality than you can buy today, where we have pure and clear petroleum of high quality... ;)

If you say my burning problems are due to too clean petroleum, then I must try to use some of Lukoils or Neftegaz bulk Kerosine petroleum. I will report back.