"Isoparaffin" zu Docht-Lampen

• Hallo,
    Ich kaufte mir "Isoparaffin"für meine Docht-Lampen.
    Es ist eine besondere Petroleumkochern, geruchlos.
    Die Farbe ist blau.
    Ich möchte nicht in Farbe.
    Du denkst, dass ich es in meinem Leuchten "Feuerhand"und "Dietz" verwenden?

• Blau leuchtend oder blau nicht leuchtend? Könntest du mal ein Foto machen?

Are you sure you don´t want to write in english? The stuff that translation programs produce might, only might, make sense if it´s all days stuff you talk or write about. But not if it´s about something special like kerosene lamps.

Stefan

• Light blue. I have no photo.
    It is "isoparaffin" special stoves.
    I checked and they said they could serve to wick lamps.
    But I have doubts now.
    Help me?

• No, I wanted to know how the flame looks. Is it bright? or like an ethanole flame? If the fuel is coloured, you shouldn´t use it at all, it can destroy the wick, the particles can get stuck in it.

Stefan

• The packaging of the product says:
    kerosene (product isoparaffinic). No odor.
    Special wick stoves.
    Flash point: 69 degrees.
    What worries me is that the fuel color is blue.

• If it´s suitable for wick stoves, it should work in wick lamps as well. Here in germany we have stuff called Zibro which is pink. It´s a special fuel for (wick) stoves as well. Some people from the forum use it in lamps, I´ve never heard of any problems.

Stefan

• Hello Spiritus,
    I am using a cheap french burn stuff if I can get some 20l from one of my business trips. This one is light brown colored. I would not be worried about the colour. I have used also the much more expensive Zibro stuff without remarking any improvement in smell or wick wear.
    This french fuel is working especially well with blue flame heaters and pressure lamps as well. But at outdoor use I take it also in my simple petrol lamps (Feuerhand, Dietz).
    The light is likely equal and I have no problems with the wicks either.
    Only the smell is perhaps a little bit stronger.
    And indoor I am using my Alladdin lamp and my Turm heaters only. And for this use the fuel fom france is the absolute perfect one.

My proposal: Try it! In the worst case you will need a new wick. OK, don't take your most favourit ancient one for a test.
    We should remember that petrol lamps don't have perfect working conditions there, were they was used and are really still needed up to today. And there in such regions without electricity, a good petrol is not available at any place. But such lamps don't care about it and light in any way and support their owners in their missions.
    We are a little bit too sensible here in Europe meanwhile.

Grüße vom See,

Eki

5 Mal editiert, zuletzt von ekart ()