Difference of performance

• Finally, I have 3 lamps working.
    Apart the performance of the mantles, one of these lamps emits much less light than the other two, and " roars" a lot less.
    I bought some nipples from Pelam, but now looking again at the catalog, in the page Carburettor group I see that part # 50 nipple has a ( 350 ) near the part number. May be that this is the nipple for HK350 instead of HK500? ( I Have three HK500)
    If so, can be the reason for a low performance?
    What is the code of the right one?
    Another possibility is dirt inside the group. ( the lamp has 25 years) .
    I've chhanged the # 196 carburettor valve, and cleaned the remaining with compressed air, but I like to know if there is a right solvent to clean the residues that can be inside the parts.

Thank you and regards
    Carlo Bianconi Italy
    www.carlobianconi.it

• It's right the nipple part #50 (350) is for lamps with 350 HK ( hk = Light power ) So you need the 500hk nipples. At 350 HK nipple is the hole al little bit smaler than in 500HK nipples, so the lampe gets less petroleum. Some users use 350hk nipples becouse the lampe is not so loud, and it takes langer till it's out of petroleum. The disatvantage is, that it produce less light.
    So you can choose, which nippel you use.
    The only thing is, that you must use a 350hk nipple with a 350hk needle, and a 500hk nipple with a 500hk needle. So don't mix up.
    Have fun with your lights
    Matthias

:hail: Wenn du denkst es geht nicht mehr kommt irgendwo ein Lichtlein her :hail: