Restauring Petromax 626, Optimus 300P & Primus 1082 - Updated 29/03 17:10

• Hi Manfred

I have just measured the things you asked for:

1) The upper vaporizer #153 measures 129,5 mm not including the nipple (This measure is taken from the bottom of the screw when it is mounted to the lower vaporizer. I did not unmount it because i fittet it with muffler mender because is was a bit untight. Hope you can use the measure anyway - if not write again and I will unmount it)

2) The mixing tube has the following measurements: Inner diameter 13,8mm and outer diameter 16,8

I am currently making the threads on a new 500cp mixing tube higher because I want to mount it instead on this lantern. The reason I want to do so is because it keeps on burning too rich even wit a distance of 18mm above the nipple.

Are you having some of the same problems or..??

Kind regards

Casper Falden

• Hi Casper,

thanks for measuring. I have a lantern, where i miss the upper part of the vaporizer. I tried the PM500-vaporizer, but it is to short and the screw dosn´t fit to the lower part. So i have to build something, that i can use as upper part. And the mixing-tube is missing to, so i have to change an PM-part to fit for the Optimus head.

If one day you remove the upper-part, dont forget to measure it again, but dont remove it only for measuring.

Thanks & greetings, Manfred

Grüße, Manfred

:user: Lux lucet in tenebris

Nicht jedes Licht am Ende des Tunnels bedeutet einen Hoffnungsschimmer. Manchmal ist es auch ein entgegenkommender Zug (M.M. Ronner)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Katzenfan ()

• Hi again Manfred

I will measure it next time it comes of. Furthermore I will keep my eyes open for parts that you can use and let you know if I find something.

As it is right now I am not sure if I will need the mixing tube that you asked me to measure - if I find out that I don't need it maybe you would be interested in the part?

We should all help eachother to get functioning lamps :-)

Have a nice evening

Casper

• Hi Casper,

your deail-pictures gave me right, your lamp is definately from the 1930ies, congratulation, you will not find them often in this good condition.

Best regards and happy easter, Björn

God created men.
    Sam Colt made them equal!

• Hi again

Waow. That is fantastic - I actually ony gave 13 Euros for it, so I guess that can be called a good deal.

By the way - could you tell if the hood was original?

Regards Casper

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von casperfalden ()

• Hm, i know several Lamps from those times, bot only with two screws, holding the hood...

Bit i guess, i have seen a lamphood with one screw once - but i'm not sure if it was a petromax... maybe Optimus?

Best Regards, Björn

God created men.
    Sam Colt made them equal!

• Zitat

Original von casperfalden
    ...As it is right now I am not sure if I will need the mixing tube that you asked me to measure - if I find out that I don't need it maybe you would be interested in the part?

Hi Casper, that would be great

greetings Manfred

Grüße, Manfred

:user: Lux lucet in tenebris

Nicht jedes Licht am Ende des Tunnels bedeutet einen Hoffnungsschimmer. Manchmal ist es auch ein entgegenkommender Zug (M.M. Ronner)