Petromax on low.

• To anyone who reads this. Please comment on the lantern's ability to run on lowest possible setting ,while using different fuels and considering ambient temperature? Thank you!

...and he guided them with the SUN by day and a PETROMAX by night......Mysticman030

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Mysticman030 ()

• Hi and :welcome:

Can you please give the exact Typ of your Latern?
    And can you say howfor you need the Lamp if you do not have one.

You can use diffenrent Nozzles in different Typs of Laterns.

A bit more information please :)

Mein größtes Spielzeug:
    MAN KAT1 5t mil glw - 12,7 Liter V8 DIESEL

• Thanks for your intrest.The lantern is a petromax by design,but it is not German made.(500 k) .Still the overall quality is good.

...and he guided them with the SUN by day and a PETROMAX by night......Mysticman030

• please help me, but wich perimeter you want to bring to lowest settings?

Lightbrightness, sound, or needed fuel?

We will get that :done:

Greetings, Björn

God created men.
    Sam Colt made them equal!

• You can use a Petromax on very low Temperatures.
    -30°C should not be a problem :naughty:

The most used Fuels are:

- Petroleum (standart)
    - Benzin / Alcalytbenzin
    - Alcohol (with Air reduce Adapter)

For Benzin you need special Viton poems. The normal ones are not suitable to use with Benzin.
    Also you have to comply with special rules for use with Benzin.

For a 500 H.K. Latern you can use a 500, 350 or 250 H.K. Nozzle to reduce the light output. A 500 H.K. Latern is also quieter with a 250 H.K. Nozzle.

But i do not have an idea of your exact problem. Anything wrong with the Lamp? Do you need only informations? Do you need spare parts?

Tell us! :)

Mein größtes Spielzeug:

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Jonas ()

• Light brightness. It seemed to not like running ,@around the 3:00 O'clock position. I mean it would try to go out,unless I crank it up again. No problem! But was just wondering if that's the way they are designed to work. Can the lantern continue running on very low ? meaning with the little valve (in tank)just barely open,regardless of the amount of air preassure in tank? With only the top half of the mantle actually glowing.(that's low). Jonas, Bjorn or anyone. Thx.m.....030.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Mysticman030 ()

• Hm, a Petromax-Lantern was not built to be regulated by handwheel, there are only two positions, 12:00 Off (or nozzlecleaning by needle)
    or 6:00 ON = 500HK, for cleaning turn handwhel around 360° quick.

Within between this two settings your lamp could get problems like the cleaning-needle could melt in your nozzle or gasfume, not entering straight in the mixingtube, lamp would smell or start burning on other places... :naughty:

For lower light you will have to change vaporizer and Injectionsettings, possible is 500, 350, 250 or 150HK, but not all systems will work together.

Or the easiest version for lower light - an beamless white glas :done:

Bet regards and good luck, Björn

God created men.
    Sam Colt made them equal!

• Hi Mysticman030,

the valve works digitally, just on or off. It is not possible to regulate the brightness.

You can lower the noise and the brightness by using the 250hk nozzles and needles. Stuff the carburettor with brass gauze. Use 500 hk gas mantles. No further changes required.

Just to clear some points of Jonas' post:
    The German word Petroleum means your kerosene/paraffin. The more pure it is, the better your lamp glows. Don't use that smelling stuff for oil burners.

I think, insted of "poems" he had better used "packings" or "gaskets"
    Sorry, Jonas ;)

Regards,
    Michael

Gruß
    Michael

Lieber über- als unterbelichtet

• Moin

Stimmt, auf Petroleum hätte ich mal achten sollen, das heißt natürlich anders...

Für das Wörtchen "Dichtungen" hab ich meinen Übersetzer gefragt, der hat mir poems ausgespuckt :P Danke für die "Nachhilfe" :)

Mein größtes Spielzeug:

• Much respect for your knoweledge gentlemen. That was my observation as well ,regarding high or low. Next question. Has either of you experimented with other types of fuels? (I believe kero is king). But is there another fuel that might give kerosene a run for it's money? Diesel maybe?on a hot day. Appreciate your feedback. M.....030.

• Hi, I think normal diesel is not a very good idea, because of the soot (carbon black) that will appear in the vaporizer.

Try normal fuel (gasoline), that work pretty nice - BUT:
    Please exchange all rubber gaskets - these are not fuel-resistant!
    You have to use Viton-gaskets for that.

• Deisel ,that's true. Doesn't gasoline clogg up the nozzle though?(kinda sticky and gummy?) are you familiar with NAPTHA fuel?

• Looks good! Powerful white light. Really like the sound they make. Naptha is popular in north America ,sometimes called "white gas"it is similar in nature to Coleman Fuel used in lanterns, stoves etc. One should treat this fuel as they would Gasoline. M....030

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Mysticman030 ()