Little swan-neck

• Here is a clip showing the little swan neck in my bedroom...This one is a Bijou size burner Small mantle...ring 222 .This caused a difficulty as I did not have a jet small enough to do this with L.P.G. ...I was sad...buth then I found a jet from a fridge which works excellently...really well..I am beginning to learn more about jets and burners but that is so interesting , and astonishing , how much effect on the flame a little change on the size of the jet makes....and the shape and the cleanness of the jet....that is not so important with gases with a low heat-content , but very important with gases with a higher heat content...until we reach acetylene..which is a very difficult gas to get a good mixture for a gas mantle...
    I have seen an advert for a table lamp from about 1905 which used electricity to power a fan which brought a forced pressure of air to mix with the acetylene ...thus giving a flame which did not soot....I would like to experiment with this later So high pressure acetylene mixed with forced air draught....and a possibly cerium enriched mantle....with such a high temperature flame as this would be ...that is possible to increase the cerium content of the mantle.....I think that 10-20 times increased light output are possible....or a much smaller mantle...thus stronger....Like 1000hk coming out of a 100hk mantle....interesting thought.....

the light...http://youtu.be/Ydck-1Zw1xw

Mit Bestem,gruss
    Rer.I.Rer., Der Schotte.