optimus 2 burner boats stove

• Hello

I'm looking for 2 preheater nozzles for this Optimus 2 burner stove, or the complete preheater units. They don't work properly. They don't spray good. Some of the fuel doesn't go through the pipes and it drips of the nozzle and preheater tube.
    Does anyone have or know where I can find the parts I'm looking for?
    Can anyone tell me the type(number) of this stove? I can't find anything on the stove its self.
    When preheated with meth. spirit the stove works perfect.

Henk

• The quicklighters are always "kinky" - to make them work properly you must make a complete overhaul, cleaning carefully tank and tubes inside - pulling a gun cleaning brush through the tubing for the preheater.

Do you have a cleaning needle for the preheater? Use the same way as on the "manuallly" pricked stoves. May work if you're lucky.

The rubber seal at the lever must be tight - otherwise they leak all the time when using the stove - here Petromax parts may also fit.

I guess Fogas - www.fogas.se - may have parts - not cheap though.
    Try sending them an e-mail and ask

/Hans

• Hello Jörn and Hans

Thanks for the tips. Perhaps I can get the parts I need, if they aren't to expensive.
    Hans. I have a needle to clean the nozzles. I think that is the problem. I think I made the holes to big. The pricker is originaly used to clean glue nozzles. In fact it is a very thin file. I will clean the tubes first. That will only cost time. If it doesn't help I can always try to get me a pair of vnew nozzles.

Henk

• I have not used preheaters a lot, but just remembered one thing:

The right pressure seems to be critical to get them to burn - too little or too much they "blow out".

I think Optimus recommends 2,5 kg/sqcm - and you have to keep pumping, you loose pressure fast when using the preheater.

/Hans