Another Tilley FL6 flood light...

• Hi all,

I got hold of a FL6 recently...I will receive it next week I hope...
    This light is awsome and huge, that's why we all are extatic about it I supose...I will use it to light up downhill streetluge meetings...

Question 1:
    I would like to know if anyone out there has one or used it before...and can explain the usage a bit for us...

Question 2:
    What mantles are used and how do they look like...I know that I won't be able to find the exact ones here in Belgium...but maybe I will be lucky to find something suitable...

Question 3:
    Does anyone have some kind of user manual other than the PDF file mentioned on this superb website...

All info welcome...Thanks!

Cheers!

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Toothless ()

• Hi Lightless,

do have another Tilley X246, AL21 or a Bialaddin?

They all work in the same way

Here some lighting instructions:

-use a 2hole mantle

-fill in kerosene

-pump her up

-open the pressure valve--is there a thin beam (right word?)?

- if YES:

-use the preheat cup

- after preheating, light her up

- then you will see, if she works or not

Shining regards from the north frontier of Bawaria

Karli

IMMER EINS MEHR WIE DUU , :po:

• Thanks Karli,

I will receive it next week I supose...
    Never used a Tilley before...that's why I posed questions...
    I'm known with handling pressure lanterns so that won't be too much trouble...
    I will need some info on the 2 hole mantles...size...how they look like...I still can buy the 2 holed ones used in those gas powered Camping Gas lanterns...but are they the right size?
    Don't think so...

Keep me up to date!

Thanks, Ive

Cheers!

• FL6a.jpg

This is my FL6...I'm actually restoring it right now...it needed new paint in a propper way...a spare parts set (washers/pump leather) is ordered and will be installed...

Another question: does the burner simply slide over the gas-tube without clicking into possition...Mine just slides into possition...no steel washer or clip on the gas-tube...it looks a bit weird having the burner attached like that...normal ?

Cheers!

• Zitat

Original von Toothless
    FL6a.jpg

This is my FL6...I'm actually restoring it right now...it needed new paint in a propper way...a spare parts set (washers/pump leather) is ordered and will be installed...

Another question: does the burner simply slide over the gas-tube without clicking into possition...Mine just slides into possition...no steel washer or clip on the gas-tube...it looks a bit weird having the burner attached like that...normal ?

Yes, that's normal.....simple but effective

• Hi again,

Thanks for the good info...much apreciated!
    I fitted a Luxor 200/300 cp mantle for the moment...couldn't get hold of anything else...like the 2 hole Petromax 500cp mantles...
    Still a bit small, but it works :-)

FL6%20032r.jpg FL6%20035r.jpg

Cheers!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Toothless ()