Help Request Diamant Flame spreader

• Hi All!

I have had a Diamant burner for years, like the one below, and I have no flame spreader for it. In the research I have done, I can only find pictures of it, but my question is does anyone have the dimensions for one? I have been looking so long that I think I will just have one made if I can get the dimensions. I would be forever in your debt. Also, does anyone know where to obtain wicks for this burner?

Thank you for your time, and have a nice day or evening, wherever you are ;)

Best regards,

Matt

• Hi Matt,

hope you are aware that there are several (I believe three) different versions of the Patent Diamant burner. The picture you "borrowed" from Arto's homepage shows the model with twelve wicks which happens to be the one I have. And guess what, I've had the same problem, the flame spreader was missing. My research results back then were very similar to yours so I decided to make do with what I could find, i.e. I tried to take measurements from the pictures on the internet and made comparisons with similar burners in my collection.

This may sound a bit odd, but I am happy with the result. See for yourself. Drawing not to scale, dimensions in mm (sorry :)).

Regards,

Tobi

• there are several (I believe three) different versions of the Patent Diamant burner.

Goldberg 1893 lists even four diffferent sizes. There are also models with different galleries.

does anyone have the dimensions for one? I

I happen to have the same model of the 14''' Patent Diamant burner with 12 wicks that is in the photo of Arto. It has an original, marked flame spreader.

The dimensions I measured differ slightly from those in Tobi's sketch. I have entered the dimensions there in red:

-------------------------------------------

Grüße aus dem Ruhrgebiet

Carsten

• Hi Carsten

I happen to have the same model of the 14''' Patent Diamant burner with 12 wicks that is in the photo of Arto. It has an original, marked flame spreader.

what a nice surprise! I reckoned that no original flame spreader did survive, they are not exactly attached to the burner. Guess I should have asked ^^ Thank you for sharing these priceless information with us.

Without blowing my own trumpet I must say I am pleased with my guesswork and surprised by how close I came. Making a new flame spreader takes me 20 min on a lathe, if anyone needs one just let me know.

@ Matt: I don't know your standards concerning authenticity but if a modern chimney made of borosilicate glass would suffice, you could simply buy one from Miles Stair.

Regards,

Tobi

"Wie Matrosen sind wir, die ihr Schiff auf hoher See umbauen müssen, ohne jemals die Gelegenheit zu haben, es in ein Dock zu bringen, um es zu zerlegen und neu zusammenzubauen."Steffen L.