Opening a Matador Brenner?

• I have an old Matador Brenner with dirty oil and wig, and I would like to open it.
    I will be happy if I can just clean it, but it would be great if I can restore it to working condition.

So far, gentle heat and application of penetrating oil hasn't helped: I have not been able to unscrew the burner.
    Also, the wig adjustment is stuck, so there is no way I can get the wig out.

Any ideas on how to approach this are welcome!

• Good evening,

:welcome: here!

Sometimes it help to keep the burner some houers in hot wash water. The dirt between the thread get loose. The best thing to get the dirt loosen is an ultrasonic bath.
    But attention, the plaster between the reservoir an the burnerring can get loosely too.

Never use the wigwheel for move a clamping or adhering wig, it will be damaged. The wig from this burner need to be pulled out at the burner bottom side.

Gruß Rüdiger [iogear1]
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Erst eine PX500 BW, jetzt Ʃ14805HK + Ʃ39,7kW + Ʃ173''.... mol seehn wat noch kimmt :whistling:

• Hey,

the metal lid is glued only with plaster on the glass reservoir. There is no thread or something like that to be screwed off.

Gruß Rüdiger [iogear1]
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Erst eine PX500 BW, jetzt Ʃ14805HK + Ʃ39,7kW + Ʃ173''.... mol seehn wat noch kimmt :whistling:

• This one has kept me puzzled for a while, I really expected to be able to screw the glass bowl off. Well, this makes life a little easier: only one connection to focus on. Thanks!

• I soaked it in warm soapy water for one day. The water forced the lighter oil out, which is a welcome side effect. Also, it loosened parts up, so I could remove the crown and a cilindrical part from the burner (this was possible because the air vents were damaged by a previous owner, so the remainder could be bent out a little). Now I can see that the part that moves the wig is completely turned down, and the round top of it seals the entrance to the glass reservoir. However, there is a big opening, lengthwise along the core of the burner, which is for ventilation?

The whole thing is incredibly dirty, so I guess it is a good idea to let it soak a little more...

• Im a little confused by the wick adjustment mechanism for this type of burner: the top disk seems to be glued to the rest of the burner, through waxy soothy dirt. Is there someone out there who could provide a diagram for this part?

• Hey,

[...] I let it boil for an hour in hot soapy water, and it opened effortlessly! [...]

:done:

Gruß Rüdiger [iogear1]