AIDA LANTERN

• HELLO, I would like to thank all of you who responded back to me in post on AIDA AND PETROMAX LANTERNS. :D Ok so now i have finally gotten an AIDA lantern. Does anyone know if certain parts like the lead washer or any other tune up parts are the same as PETROMAX parts ?(. I would really like to get this lantern up and running. Any responces would be highly appreciated. Also any tips on what i should be lookig for to rebuild this lantern would be very welcome. :hail: Christop

• Karli, Thank you for the information. :hail: I have already discovered two things that will require attention. It seems that fuel bleeds out of the nipple when the lantern is pumped up with pressure with the control knob pointing up. This is not normal is it? ?( The preheater does not seem to work. Not sure why yet. Mabe something is clogged or needing replaced? On the positive side the fuel tank itself does not have any leaks. It held pressure overnight. Just the slight bleeding of fuel where the needle comes out of the nipple. As for the preheater i have not gotten that far yet. Hopefully it is something that can be fixed. I really do like the lantern. I will of course like it much better when it is up and running. :D Christop

• High all. Just wanted to let anyone who might be interested that i have made great progress in restoring my Aida lantern. Not there just yet but very close. Have learned a lot about the workings of the mechanical parts that make it run. I have found the design and structure of the Aida is amazing durable. I also have found pretty much all Petromax parts are interchangable. That of course is a good thing. [ Carli you were right about that and i thank you :hail: :] A few of you have really helped to point me in the right direction in other areas. [Thank you Jonas and Burnem. Your support and advice did more than you know. :hail: :] Burnem, your talks and advice in chat was very helpful , Emails, PM's, etc. were great :D. Jonas your PM's were helpful,thank you :hail:. Waiting on a check valve for the tank. Should be the last part hopefully. GETTING CLOSER, Christop

• Jonas, I have to finish it first. I also want to test fire and make sure it works. I do not have as much time to devote to it as i would like due to work and other responcible things that must take priorities first. :wallbash: I remember you telling me that you also had an Aida lantern. I would love to see some photos of it. :D Christop