BLADON B62 blowtorch/lotlampen

• Halo forum here is my latest purchase and restoration,A BLADON B62 lotampen fur benzine gasoline.

It was made in 1929 it is a realy good quality lotlampen, and very well made and has a special safety feature on the pump.

The non return valve on the pump is the same type as on the SIEVERT 221 222 and 223 etc,but has a special safety device, at the bottom of the pump shown in the close up picture,you have to press the spring loaded lever, when you want to pump the lamp up to pressure, to allow air in the tank and when you have finnished pumping you let go of it and it will spring shut.

So if the non return valve washer on the pump should fail no fumes or fuel can enter the pump tube.

the safety valve/device is at the front of the tank just under the burner nozzle.

All British blowtorches/lotampens are based on the sweedish design,but unlike the Sweedish torches most of the british benzine torches, i have seen the burner is permently fixed to the tank and can not be unscrewed,to replace the wick you have to unscrew a large nut on the bottom of the tank and pull out the old wick.

This lotlampen was quite difficult to get a good clean and polished finnish, which i like as the burner can not be removed from the tank, and the pump tube is fixed to the tank and can not be removed all so.

I have sprayed the steel handle with a brass colour spray as that was the original colour,i think every BLADON lotlampen, i have seen they sprayed the handles and the tanks with brass colour paint, even the tanks that were made of brass,were painted with a brass colour paint,here are some pictures of the BLADON B62 i will show some pics later of it working as i have more than five pics

• Hallo Brian, WOW
    Perfect description interesting annotated
    and very good dokumented with your photos

:done: Compliment
    :done: Busy Job
    :welcome:

PS:
    The burner of my last Enders Nr. 9013 is also permently fixed to the tank
    and can't be unscrewed, too.
    Replacing the wick isn't possible, because there is no nut on the bottom of the tank.

Freundliche Grüße aus Bad Münstereifel
    Kiki und Karly

• Hallo Kirky und Karli danke for your nett compliements,I much like the models that the burner assembly can be removed from the tank.
    as it so much easier to do a full restoration

I am very surprised your Enders Nr 9013 has not got access nut at the bottom so a new wick can be fitted.
    It would be such a shame if the wick, was to become charred or blocked with carbon,as to replace would be immpossible and the lamp would not ever work as good.

Enders made very high quality lotlampens and stoves,and are brilliantly engineered and to a very high standard.
    It has surprised be they never made that model with a nut so the wick could be changed.

A lot of high quality manufacturers made a budget model, that was cheap to buy and designed for the home owner, where it would not be used much.may be this model was for that purpose

All the verry best from essex uk :gaehn:

• Hey Brian,
    it is absolutely possible what you say.
    My model is one of the late production - I think 1958 -
    with the engraving on top of the tank and an unusual burner for Enders.
    But this is your thread and my descriptions belong in an extra thread.
    Once more: :done:
    You have an old blowtoch wich looks very nice now and wich burns
    without pressure as great as with pressure. That's especially fantastic.

Kiki und Karly

• Hallo Forum, hallo Brian,
    sorry, I mixed the Enders Nr. 9013 (with an unusual burner for Enders)
    with a blowtorch PRIMUS No 862. This Swedish model has
    - a burner wich is permanently fixed to the tank and can't be unscrewed
    - no nut on the bottom of the tank.
    Fotos of that old blowtorch will follow soon in an own thread;
    at the moment the "Monster" has a bath in citric acid.

Kiki und Karly