Hipolito H502 Automatic

• Make sure you get a few spare mantles as well, as you can get through them in the early days, especially if you transport that lamp of yours about in the boot of your car!
    All the best
    John

• Make sure you get a few spare mantles as well, as you can get through them in the early days, especially if you transport that lamp of yours about in the boot of your car!
    All the best
    John

I've got half a dozen Peerless heavy duty mantles on the way from lonestarlantern :D I've been given a lead on some ex-German Army boxes as well. Unfortunately the seller won't ship out of Germany so I'm getting some friends over there to give me some idea what it might cost for them to ship one to me. Otherwise I'm tempted to make a wooden crate for it myself.

• ?( Just tried putting my manometers on lighter fuel gas did not get 2 bar more like 200 bar just hope I havn't damaged my manometers! Who was the goon who sugested this! ?(

• Hi jan,
    Many thanks for correcting my confusion. i Never thought I would have the opportunity of talking to 'The Petromax God himself. Seriously, thank you for taking time out to talk to me. Yes I do hold you in the greatest esteem, your how to clean and renovate a Petromax is for me a user manual that is printed out and referred to whenever I do any work, so thank you for that, keep up the good work!
    John
    P.S the gas I used was labelled as Butane however maybe in the U.K manufacturers use a higher pressure, or do not specify whether they include other gases in their products.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von johnmsmithfd () aus folgendem Grund: Recheck

• Things have been a bit hectic at Moose Towers recently so I've only just seen this John, I also tried the lighter fuel test with a can clearly marked as butane and had exactly the same results as you!! Not really sure what to make of it to be honest.