Maintenance of lanters

• Dear all
    I bought the smaller Petromax model 150, but it's heater unit n:o 152 was defective (it was leaking). Now I want to change the whole carburator unit (n:o 115).
    My question: do I have reassemble the whole preheater (n:o 226) before I can unscrew the lower part of the carburator - is there any other way do do that? It would be much easier to do the service if the whole tilt lever (n:o 223) could be released.

Is there some good www pages dealing with the maintenance of Petromax lanterns?

Kind regards,
    Velimatti Ollilainen
    (Finland)

• Hi matti, why do you want to change the complete vaporizer, if only the upper part is leaking? Where is the leak? Is it a problem with the nozzle?

If you still want want to replace the complete Vaporizer without dissembling the Rapid starter, you can unscrew the vaporizer's hand wheel withe the excenter behind that. That will give you enough space..

• Hi matti, why do you want to change the complete vaporizer, if only the upper part is leaking? Where is the leak? Is it a problem with the nozzle?

If you still want want to replace the complete Vaporizer without dissembling the Rapid starter, you can unscrew the vaporizer's hand wheel withe the excenter behind that. That will give you enough space..

Hi matti, why do you want to change the complete vaporizer, if only the upper part is leaking? Where is the leak? Is it a problem with the nozzle?

Hi matti, why do you want to change the complete vaporizer, if only the upper part is leaking? Where is the leak? Is it a problem with the nozzle?

Hi fiesie

Thank you for your reply. The leak was in the upper part (bad welding) but lover part's lead gasket was damaged when unscrewing the upper part.
    regards, matti

• Hi and :welcome: ,

the leak in the carburetor can be repaired by hard soldering it again (if it is possible to do by onself)

Is there some good www pages dealing with the maintenance of Petromax lanterns?

yes, see this -->

a technical description on how to perform a complete cleaning and restoration of a PETROMAX 829 500

it's for a 500 HK, the only differnts ar in the top prats , so it also work for a 150 HK

Gruß Rüdiger [iogear1]
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Erst eine PX500 BW, jetzt Ʃ14805HK + Ʃ39,7kW + Ʃ173''.... mol seehn wat noch kimmt :whistling: