cleaning coleman generators

• G'day fellas, just got a question some of the Coleman lampies might have the answer to, i have a couple of R55 Coleman generators that need cleaning on the inside, they are not easy to get down in Ozz and if you buy one they are expensive, :?: is there some chemical readily available to clean the gum out and not destroy the pricker needle to boot, thanks guys, frank.

• G' day Frankie

Carb cleaner is the bees knees for cleaning generators...Many folks just change them at the first sign of trouble when all they need is a little flush out!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

G'day fellas, just got a question some of the Coleman lampies might have the answer to, i have a couple of R55 Coleman generators that need cleaning on the inside, they are not easy to get down in Ozz and if you buy one they are expensive, :?: is there some chemical readily available to clean the gum out and not destroy the pricker needle to boot, thanks guys, frank.

OCD.. Obsessive Coleman Disorder 8o

• Hey Michael thanks for that :thumbsup: i never would have given that a thought, i have a couple of lamps that need generators and most of those i have are gummed up so i will look forward to trying that out.
    I have used a product called CLR to soak and clean out Tilley generators and that works pretty good but they are a different type deal on the inside to the R55, it also tends to eat the fine pricker wire so i did not use it because unlike the Tilley you carn't remove the pricker wire, cheers Frank

• Hi frank

No worries Sheila

It works pretty good and gentle on the soft parts.....let me know how it behaves on that generator.. :thumbup:

OCD.. Obsessive Coleman Disorder 8o