Tested the Pelam's petrol cooking stove

• I know that this is a forum regarding petrol lamps, but I think that other people like me collects also cooking stoves.
    Last week, I buy a stove advertised in Pelam's website. The very first thing is that Jonas recommended me to use it with unleaded gas. The instructions contained in the package, recommended to use just Kerosene! With a bit of confusion in my mind, first I contacted Jonas that confirmed me to use Unl. gas, second ( my head is hard ) I've tryed unsuccesfully with Kerosene. Jonas was right, this stove works right with unleaded gas or benzine! Looking at the generator and it's straight shape this is evident ( last a wrong approach ) . The construction is very " chinese" but despite of this, it's work really well. The priming with spirit requires a couple of refillings, but here today it's cold, after this the burner runs smooth and silent.( Of course, you can use the pressure-eating pre-burner included, but I'm lazy and I don't like repump ).
    Not a big performer like some Coleman's ( roaring ) stoves, but surely a good buy for the amateurs of this brand of burning devices.
    My only remark about the product is that the included instructions must be correct. I have hard troubles with wrong instructions!
    By the way , I've seen on an U.S. website the same stove with a different generator, with a sort of serpentine exposed to the pre-heating. Should be the right one for Kerosene, and the insrtuctions included in my stove would apply to it.
    After these considerations, I can say that it's a good buy for the price requested.
    A nice week end to the readers!
    Carlo Bianconi Italy

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von otto ()

• Hi Carlo,

happy to hear that you got your stove working. We have been confused about the intrustions at first as well. After I tried it with Kerosene (more or less successful), I realised that it is build for Petrol (thanks to Jürgen Schmidt :D). We will get the Kerosene Vaporizer in future.

As soon as I have more time, I will rewrite the instruction.

Greetings from Germany Jonas