242C finished

• Howdy

242 all finished and fired up!!...yes a brass tank :whistling: more paint was missing from the fount than I thought....so had to strip....Not bad for a 65yr old lantern!!... :rolleyes:

OCD.. Obsessive Coleman Disorder 8o

• Hi Carsten

Thank you... it looks nice I think...I might repaint the fount sometime...

• Hi Fox congratulations on a first class restoration even though the tank originaly was painted removing the paint being as it was not in good condition was a good idea and polishing it it realy does do it justice it looks better polished up,these older lanterns look so much better not just in looks but in build quality

All the verry best from essex uk :gaehn:

• Hi Fox congratulations on a first class restoration even though the tank originaly was painted removing the paint being as it was not in good condition was a good idea and polishing it it realy does do it justice it looks better polished up,these older lanterns look so much better not just in looks but in build quality

Brian

Thanks...looks quite well with the brass fount...I need to give tank a good buffing up again and maybe give it a clear coat of some description to keep it from dulling up so quickly...Have to say i like them 242's...bullet proof..Old school coleman is the business and I kinda draw the line at the 220e to H,K,J,F models...after that the whole thing got a bit weird and plastic looking! :rolleyes:

Got my hands on a nice 200A last week with box etc..first one for me..nice little lantern..Prob will be a shelf queen as I have a guy in US sending me another in good ish condition for the donkey work...which will be given PANEL WIPE morning noon and night :rofl: :thumbsup: