Protectionplate for hk500 ?

• Tach LorenzoS,

:welcome: in the forum!!
    no, it isn´t interchangeable, because the angle of the Rapid is different. The number 126- alt is for lanterns, year of construction ->2000, number 126- chrom is for lanterns 2000->. If i´m wrong, the other may correct me!

Grüße aus dem Westmünsterland

• Hi Lorenzo,

my Santrax-made Petromax-lanterns, produced approx. around 2000 have serial-number beginning with 145k and 168k. Your number seems to very high, which might indicate a younger lantern than 2000. I would go for the new one for lanterns build after 2000.

Cheers,
    Wilm

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

• Hi Lorenzo,

serial-numbers under the fuel tank are only reliable for the 1960'ies.
    It would be helpful to load up a picture, then we could see lots of little details that could help to place your lamp in a more definately production - year.

Oh, by the way, is it hgh-polished chrome / nickel or non-reflecting nickel-plated? Petromax or Geniol?

Best regards, Björn

God created men.
    Sam Colt made them equal!

• I see. this is an almost brand new lanter - i would guess, you will need the new plate.

To be shure,take a look on your fuel-tank.
    When there is engraved Petromax Made in Germany, it could be the old one, either,

When there is only Petromax Germany it will fit only the new protection plate.

Best regards Björn

God created men.

• Hi Lorenzo,
    yes, you will need exactly this protection-plate.
    (but it is actually out of stock)

Top reflector? You're propably talking about the inner mantle, carrying mixingpipe, mixingchamber and ceramic-burner?
    The inner mantle is made of steel, chrome-plated.

Best regards, Björn

God created men.

• I got a protection plate for my new 500hk ...but i later got hands on a 828 and just for fun tried to put on the protection plate - worked fine ..only small adjustment of the piece of plate going up around the vaporizer....seems to workl fine