A ship mast-lantern

• Hi all,

I used this lantern to brighten up the atmosphere at newyear's evening...the lantern spent quite some time up my parents attic but did the trick!
    Here's how it looks like

lantern2.jpg

It's a double wick lantern with a 360° lens system, brand name is Meteorite, serial number says 92156 3M, ship name: San Gaspar...
    I wonder if this lantern is ginuine or some kind of remake that looks old...or from a ship that had a few thousands of lights on board somewhere in Taiwan :D

lantern1.jpg

This is how it looks like when burning...an ideal visible light when your ship is stationary...there's a hoop on top and bottom to pull it up the mast...Any info welcome...I also have the portside and starboard ones too...

Cheers!

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Toothless ()

• Really great!!! I am trying to get one of these nice lamps, too, but they are terribly expensive...

Regards,

Aladdin

:megaphon: Tilley X246-Ersatzteil 707 (Spigot) gesucht!

• Hi Aladdin,

I got them from my girlfriends brother...they were in a shed when he bought his house...the 2 other one's stil need some cleaning up and the heatproof lamp glasses need to be replaced...the lenzes on those 2 other one's are 90° one's with an extra coloured glass that can be removed...they are also double wick burners...
    I'll try to take a picture later...
    All info welcome...

Cheers!

• Hi Tothless,
    nice and beatiful shiplamp you've got there :stark: I like it verry much. What do you think, how
    this lamp looks like if polished to blank brass ? I'm a brass fan and i feeel happy if the brass is polished... 8o

I don't think ist's from a ship from Taiwan or China, it looks like verry authentic. Even if not authentic - it looks like that.

Congratulations :prost: I wish i would own one from this type.. :hail:

• Hi all,

It seems that these lanterns are also reproduced...
    See KLIPPERLIGHT ...
    Even if it would be a reproduction, it's still a lovely light to use... :D
    More info about my Meteorite lanterns welcome!

Cheers!

• Hi again,

I found some more info about the lanterns...Meteorite was a company from Bimingham, England that produced these lanterns during WWII...
    An American is selling the same portside and starboard side laterns that I have...
    Using object number 3773192590 on the best known auction site wil get you there...

Cheers!